Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Historic scrap books need new home

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frank Carey, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

I have the original scrapbooks of the New Jersey Timing Association that were started with the association's founding in 1952. They cover the association's first five years. One album is photos of early drag racing and car shows. The other is articles from newspapers and magazines. Four years ago I wrote the history of the New Jersey Timing Association and post it here in eight parts. Many of the pictures I used are from these scrapbooks.

What would be a good place for them where they will be preserved and available to researchers, authors, writers, historians, or anybody with an interest in hot rod history?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  2. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Pat Ganahl is the person these should go to, he is a well known hot rod historian.
    https://patganahl.com/contact/

loudbang and williebill like this.
  3. quidnunc

quidnunc
    from pittsburgh

The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing (EMMR) in York Springs,Pa. They have a massive research library of books, magazines, news papers and photos that can be used by the public for research. They also have a great selection of cars and motor cycles. All free.

catdad49, wicarnut, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  4. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Website info ^^^^^^

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

here is what I found on google
    https://emmr.org/

wicarnut and stanlow69 like this.