Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hill country show & go drag race may 3rd !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Casey, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

2. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

3. Wesley

Wesley

Come on down Rusty, your customers will understand that we all need inspiration from time to time.

4. Rusty

Rusty

30 minutes tii departure

5. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

6. Rusty

Rusty

Good times, glad I went. Hope Colin is feeling better

7. Wesley

Wesley

my guess is that Colin has been heavily medicated by "Dr.Bud Light" by now

8. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Collin's not feeling to good, he spent the night in bed last night at the hotel parking lot party with the door open enjoying. This morning we loaded the 32 on a AAA wrecker and put Collin in Jesse's 57 to make the delivery home. I spoke with him 15 min. ago and he is still down. I would apperciate it if any you Buds in the area of Dripping Springs would check on him. He lives alone :eek: so any help would be super. I know he could use some muscle relaxers, and some good hurt medication. THANKS! Ron.

9. saltracer

saltracer

Did anyone see the Henry J do his burn out and run into the barrier around the starter? We were right behind the burnout area and it seems he did his burn out but it didn't really spin the tires too much so he got back in it and launched forward and nailed the concrete barrier. The car stopped instandly. Everyone rushed to the driver and he seemed ok. It's the orange Henry J in pictures above. The owner said it had 1,000 hp.

10. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

He is still in severe pain. And that too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. saltracer

saltracer

12. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Casey, sent you a PM.

I've been talkin back and forth with Casey for a few weeks and I met him for the first time Saturday. When I walked up to intro my self for the first time in person, he looked like he had been SHOT in the back - no shit. He didn't have much to say and now I know why! He doesn't need pain pills, he needs back surgery. Any of you guys that are close need to push him on that.

I did see the crash - too bad it was a nice car. I'll post some pics from immediately after. That concrete wall saved the starters legs and maybe his life!

13. Bobjoe

Bobjoe

Freakn I was the a coupe in the right lane. It happen in a !/2 second. So glad the bit of concret barrier was there. The kid that was in the middle jumped in front of my car, I was already on gas and brakes, I thought I was going to take it to the rhight wall. What t f. I'm glad it worked out OK.

14. saltracer

saltracer

15. Slonaker

Slonaker

Ouch... :(

Attached Files:

16. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

How was the track? Good or bad?

And I am aware that the henry J was more operator error than anything else.

17. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

As for my passes, the track was not too bad, little wheel spin at the start. Other than that track was not that bad.

18. Rusty

Rusty

Track looked really good. the right lane looked alittle loose but based on the times Keith fromt the Thunderbolts was running in the fastest 1/4 mile Coupe on the Hamb I would say the track was about the same. The HEnry J appeared to have hung wide open after the burnout. The guy with him had to hit the shut off on the car. That was steel car too.

missed seeing all that could not make it, It truely was a good time

Rusty

19. Wesley

Wesley

I spun the tires harder than I have ever spun off the line and could not get them hooked up even getting completely off the throttle and easing back on until about the 330 foot mark. I attribute that to the street tire equipped cars dragging water down the track. Once I did get the car to hook up I disovered that I had no fuel pressure and had to shut off, so I cant really tell you anything about down track. I guess I am going to have to rebuild my 15 year old Holley blue pumps. I will be ready for the "Night of Fire" June 28th at Little River.

20. saltracer

saltracer

final round of Hot Rod

ttp://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii177/saltracer1/?action=view&current=templedrags2008hillcountryfinalshot.flv

That Chevy II was also top ten of the car show

21. ManiacT

ManiacT

The track was pretty good for my car but I have a small block. Ran fastest time in the right lane.
    Hope the henry J can be fixed. What was the handle of the guy that had the Henry J ? May have some stuff he could use on his car.
    Thanks to all the guys in Texas for a great day at the racetrack to. We had a great time and really enjoyed talking with ya'll.
    P.S. The burgers were really good at Denton but the burgers were just as good at Temple. Wish the burgers in La. were half as good as those in Texas....

22. Wesley

Wesley

That is the new website. the other site has been shut down. judging from the pictures Hutch is a man on a mission. Anyone that is a fan of Little River should take a look. They have done a hell of a job getting the track ready to race tonight.