Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Hildebrandt Oil Filter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hrm2k, Mar 29, 2015.

1. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am trying to help a friend of mine with some information. He is going to use this Hildebrandt oil filter on his period correct 32 roadster with a 241 hemi engine. We are trying to se if we can find out which oil filter cartridge fits this unit. My friend was told that most people just put a roll of toilet paper in the unit...............he's not buying that.
    Does anyone have any information as to the cartridge ? Part number would be really great to have

Attached Files:

2. There were some after market filters that used toilet paper.
    Mostly J.C. Whitney stuff, I don't think Hildebrant did this.

3. tim b.

tim b.

I can't tell you for sure but this info may be a place to start. There were only a few part numbers for the most used drop in filters from 1950 to 1960's which is when I suspect his filter housing was built. Ford & Chevy pretty much used a Fram C4 or C4P. Olds, Pontiac & Buick used a C106PL, Plymouth and Dodge used a 134PL and Jeep/Willys used a C3 or a C3P. Hildebrandt may have used one of these filters rather than having a special one made (but the again maybe not). Measure up the housing and a field trip to the Parts Store will tell if any will fit. If not you may want to look at one of the Hildebrandt repop's and see how they converted it to an internal spin on. Good luck.

4. Mine had a cartridge type filter in it when I got it. Baldwin # C-81-P.
    You should be able to cross that # to any brand filter.

hrm2k likes this.

5. Kinky6

Kinky6

Speaking of the roll'o'TP in one of these filter housings, has anyone ever found a part # on a cartridge type filter to fit one of the Stilko housings? While the TP has always seemed to be a dumb idea, the Stilko units are otherwise a well-made and not bad looking part - who don't like fins on aluminum hot rod parts? K6

6. tim b.

tim b.

Baldwin C81P crosses to a Fram C134PL. Check their web site.

hrm2k likes this.
  7. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys for the information. I delivered it this morning to a pretty happy camper. I appreciate all the input

VIVA LA HAMB !!!!!