Register now to get rid of these ads!

Highley Deuce 5 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by josh highley, Dec 5, 2012.

1. josh highley

josh highley

I am doing all the metal work on the truck for a customer. Check out my photobucket account when you get a chance. I need to upload a bunch more pictures of it this weekend. Message me if you have any other questions about the truck.

2. josh highley

josh highley

I have been working on getting the top to fit better and the quarter windows done. Here are a couple good pictures on how I did the quarter windows. The pictures can explain it a lot better than I can.

[​IMG]

3. josh highley

josh highley

4. josh highley

josh highley

5. josh highley

josh highley

6. josh highley

josh highley

7. josh highley

josh highley

8. josh highley

josh highley

The last two pics are great to show all the cut lines. Not too much left a little bit to straighten out and then a lot of welding, grinding and hammer work.

[​IMG]

9. Damn, I thought mine was hammered hard.

You ain't kidding about lots of relief cuts to get things lined up. It's a lot of fun to get the top hinge aligned after whacking one this hard also.

Looks great man. Keep on keepin' on...

10. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Man you chopped the hell out of that thing!!....I like it!.....I also like your inspiration pic in the background.

11. josh highley

josh highley

I have a couple leads on a some pieces to fix the header. So while I am waiting on those to hopefully pan out, I have been working on the rest of the chop. Here are a couple shots of the back window back in it. Going to take a lot to get it right. The lower portion of the window is pretty sad shape. If anyone out there has a back window from any 32 or at least the lower half please contact me.

[​IMG]

12. josh highley

josh highley

13. scrubby2009

scrubby2009

Thanks for sharing the "hot mess". Inspiring and motivating. LOVE the proportions on the 1/4 windows and the back is textbook.

14. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

working mans hotrod,this is gonna be badassed.im jealous,5w rule!

15. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

I don't know what else to say that already hasn't been said. Looks sick! I'm subscribed!

16. schoum

schoum
    from france

17. josh highley

josh highley

Got both doors opening and closing. Had to move the upper hinge. To say I was a little nervous would be a huge understatement. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I laid back the hinge on the a pillar and cut the one out of the door. Lined everything back up and made sure it was at the same angle as the lower. Door opens and closes great. I also cut the "skin' off the a pillar so I could get in behind it and weld everything up.

[​IMG]

18. josh highley

josh highley

The door ended up getting cut in a total of 5 pieces. It is going to take a lot of little relief cuts to get the body lines to match and window channels straight.

[​IMG]

19. josh highley

josh highley

20. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

schoum that is crazy good. i wish there was not and ocean between us took at those roof header and cowl top in person!!!!!!

josh ....... wow looking good. i am at alose for word on how that roof got that messed up?!?

21. Wow! This thing is lookin awsome! Nice save its all coming together nicely! Gives me inspiration to piece my 32 3 window together ....its got pieces from 5 cars a mixture of 32 and 34 ford body bits .......(some assembly and dissimilarity of parts may be nessesary)

22. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

looking great. nice job the chop looks good. thank you for all the pics this is the best thread my eyes are pealed been working on mine lately getting inspired. if you can post any pics of the subrails from the inside it would be great. Im thinking of using those brookville subrails they are nice.

23. schoum

schoum
    from france

Thanks! but when we are a French hotrodder, the ocean must not be a probleme! When we need a parts, the only solution is a USA/FRANCE shipping....
    so, if you need one of my parts, I of course propose an over-sea shipping:D;)

24. josh highley

josh highley

Here is a little update. Between the holidays and being sick, I haven't made as much progress as I would like. Got the slit in the cowl filled

[​IMG]

25. josh highley

josh highley

26. josh highley

josh highley

27. josh highley

josh highley

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

SO inspiring. Great work!!!!

29. nice work.
    Al.

30. josh highley

josh highley

Working on fixing the rear quarter. Lower front patch, rear corner, wheel well patch and sub-rail extensions.

[​IMG]