Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi all, introducing myself.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Steven Ward Jr., Nov 30, 2018.

1. Steven Ward Jr.

Steven Ward Jr.

Howdy folks,
    Here's a bit about myself, my name is Steven, I'm going to 18 this January, i graduated HS a year early this past May, I'm from Louisiana, and I love the 40s-50s.
    My daily driver is a 1993 F-150 XLT, it currently has a 302, I'm hoping to swap it for a 351w in the near future and eventually hop it up with a 387 Clevor supercharged and make it a extended cab Lightning clone.

I am also the proud owner of a 1969 Mustang Coupe, originally Highland Green, 302, and automatic, I got it when I was 13 for 500 bucks and my parents were gracious enough to pay the shipping from Daytona to Baton Rouge which was only another 500 bucks (I didn't get much for Christmas or my birthday that year!:)) it currently is sitting, I'm moving it inside next year to start messing with it as time and money allows, it's just the body and chassis, it does roll though! I wanted a fastback but I got a coupe, I'll buy a fastback once I've gotten through college and made good on the fancy degree I get.

I love old Indy cars right up to when the winged monsters took over, the early pre aero kit rear engine cars are cool too.

Other cars I'd like to eventually own are a 67 Galaxie, a Australian XA/B/C Falcon, 71-73 Mustang Fastback, and a 32 Ford coupe for good measure.

Something I'd love to do is get an old 50s sprint/midget car swap in a small block Ford, perhaps another Windsor with Cleveland heads, add some 30s style fenders, running lights, ect. and make a little speedster.

I'm a dreamer I know!

I thought I'd join here to perhaps get some advice on my mechanical projects and hear how it was in the golden days of speed.

I know my cars don't fit this forum, I probably won't post much until I get something that fits the era.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018