Register now to get rid of these ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nik

Nik

Hi Ash,

That is one incredible car you have there. It's cool that you helped your Dad build it, I keep trying to drag my daughter out to the garage and she just looks at me like I'm a tweaker or something. I thought me naming her after a car part would help put it in her blood, but she didn't get the car gene at all.

Nik

2. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

What? A girl with a car? Thats unheard of, get off of this message board Ash no one wants a girl here.

:D
    Ashley=BFF

haha

Nick

3. hemifarris

hemifarris

Several more pics.

Attached Files:

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

The station wagon was blocked in.....er sumthin' like that. It was a nice, cloudy, really humid(!) day here in the great north so I figured......why not? The new tires really howl and the puddles tired to reek havoc but I drove it anyways.

5. Jai

Jai
    from Dallas, Tx

Ok, at the risk of sounding like an asshole (i tend to do that sometimes). I can't help that notice that you said that she was perfectly capable of defending herself.... but you keep doing it for her.

It's awesome that more girls are getting into cars lately, and it's great that you helped your dad. The car is very impressive. However, I wouldn't say that a little pie would be a bad thing here either. Keeping in mind that although you helped a little, and he built it for you, it's still essentially dad's car. No offense hon.
    But I'm interested to see what YOU are working on. So many girls come around talking about how much they love cars, and how they love to work on cars...... and then you see them posing in little pin-up car pics (learning what they mean by working "on" cars). You don't strike me as one of these at all (that's a good thing), and I look foreward to seeing your projects.

Hemi, hon... before you come running to her rescue, I'm not attacking her at all. I am genuinely interested to see her work.
    On a much more juvenile note: Aint nobody talkin to you...this is an A & B conversation, so C your way out..... girls only....lalalalala, i'm ignoring you.....:p

Jai

6. hemifarris

hemifarris

Well said and I agree with almost everything you said. Your only mistake was when you said that no one was talking to me but if you look at a previous post that had my quote followed by "fucking clueless" you'll see that I was involved. But after looking at that persons other posts and their cars, I'll just pass from now on and consider the source or sources.Those of us that defended her know her capabilities...How about some photos of your car???

7. ash

ash
    from Detroit

thanks guys i'm leaving the jalopy journal, becasue all the shit going on...
    when people can't build cars, they tend to just run there big ass mouth.... and actually i did a lot on the car if you wanna see build pictures, and the ford desing award has my name on it, the cover of hot rod magazine is going to have My name on it, rodders jouranl is going to have My name on it... So if you can amount to that you can talk, by the pictures you can't....
    ash

8. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

Welcome to the board Ash Nice Wedge

9. ash

ash
    from Detroit

and i've been around cars since i was like one, hang out with most the top names, so I probley more whats going then some people claim to on here... Not to be rude to anyone.. But why are you guys being so mean to me? some of you people are worse then drama in high school... Thanks for trash talking me on here, all the major car builders came over at sema and told me that i have the nicest car out, from Chip Foose on sooo... I thought this is somewhere I could meet some cool people with cool cars (which I have) but most of you....
    ash
    don't respond with trash talk becasue i'm done

10. hemifarris

hemifarris

We finally get a nice ,young,innocent real girl on here and she gets chased away. Some of you guys ,and some of you guys trapped in womens bodies, should be proud of yourselves. I'm an old pro at this shit since I've been doing it for over 45 years. Everyone pisses and moans about the younger people driving rice burners yet when a young man or woman comes on this site, some people have to shit on them. All of you guys , and you girls , that called her out about her workmanship...SHOW me the car that you helped build and prove to me that it's better than Ashley's. She never once stated that she built her entire car but that's not good enough for some of you.I know for a fact that most of the people on this web are cool. I've enjoyed e-mails and PM's with you, but some of you are stone-assholes..Instead of harsh words to the younger people or newbies, show me and everyone else what you have built and show them some compassion, that is if you know what compassion is!!!

11. Junkyard Jan

Junkyard Jan
    Member Emeritus

Ash, hang around..:) My laughing at Bobby's trailer comment is the sort of thing that happen to newbees. Your roadster is nice and it's cool that you did some of the work on it.

One thing though.....name dropping of Foose, Coddington or the rest of the Gold Chainer builders may not get you far here. A lot of us who build cars on an almost non-existant budget resent these guys (and their TV shit) for trying to take rodding from the hands of the little guy/gal. The HAMB is the Blue Collar hot rod board and a bunch of us taking pride in what we can build with our imaginations, hands and low money. See where I'm coming from here?

BTW, I'm female, passed 50 a few years ago, raced circle burners from '68-'96 with some success and am building a '64 Ford tudor and a '63 Ford oldtime Late Model stock car. There's a lot to be learned here....and not just about cars. Shit, I don't post that much here because I spend most of my time reading and learning from the good folks here.

Jan

12. ash

ash
    from Detroit

thanks for saying sorry guys, and i'm really sorry myself for the drama.. I love this place, and all of you esp. Nick32Vic lol

13. Jai

Jai
    from Dallas, Tx

As far as the "aint nobody talkin' to you" that was in reference to MY post. I was just being a smart ass. That's why I inserted the ":p ".

Now in reference to my post....
    Clearly I wasn't eloquent enough. I have a tendancy to give you the good AND the bad. You have to be able to take both.
    I wasn't attacking the fact that she didn't build that car. I was trying to illustrate the importance of doing your own work. She's only 18, and very few people can just pick up and build their own rods at that age. I wasn't trying to belittle her, but encourage her to take the initiative to get started on her own. She actually seems to be a very nice girl that obviously has the passion, and the drive (no pun intended). But I give all the kiddos that go on about the car that dad built the same shpeal. Boy or girl. It's not a bad thing that he did it. But I try to stress the importance of doing it yourself. Yes, everyone has to start somewhere. I'm not a complete buffoon (only about 88%). So again...... not trying to insult or scare anyone away. Although, if you're going to be around this genre, you really need thicker skin. Because I am not going to sugarcoat my opinions for anyone. If that makes me a stone cold asshole... then throw the Charmin in the fridge, 'cause I'm not changing anytime soon.

Don't run off just yet hon.... we need as many serious chicks as we can get ya know.

As far as pictures of my car, there's a link to my page on which you can see more pictures of it(the 88% buffoon can't post the things on here worth a damn). I am going to be taking more progress pictures pretty soon also.
    So far I have the inside gutted, the pass side sanded, and I just took the hardtop to bare metal (too chiped not to) yesterday. It's slow coming, I know, but I've only had it back for about 3 months. Ya I know, excuses excuses.

14. Plowboy

Plowboy

Ahhhh the drama. I used to watch the "bold and the beautiful" every day until I found the internet.

Anyone that is a friend of Nicky's has to be OK with me.

I wish my dad would have helped me build something like that when I was 18. He doesn't even change his own oil. I have had to figure this stuff out on my own. Ha Ha Ha

Does this mean I have to show pictures of my trailer too? I just bought it because I am a pussy and don't want to go 2 states away in a roadster with cheater slicks. I should drive it though because the van only gets about 9 MPG, too bad I am made of sugar. Ha Ha Ha

Ash, Nick and I will be seeing you and the awesome little roadster in Detroit.

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Cool story....
    After Dan won the Ridler, he was awarded some big award at a Goodguys show in Indy. While he was driving down the track after accepting his award, the car backfired. Ashley, about 4 or 5 yrs aold at the time, was standing on the floor between mom and dad. She quickly and loudly asked......"So is the car fuckin' up?".

And you guys chased her out. Congrats.

16. Jai

Jai
    from Dallas, Tx

go back and read the rest darlin'.... she's staying

I hate it when crap gets misinterpreted, and drama ensues. I try very hard to avoid drama, I'll be damned if I'm going to get online and try to start it up.

Lookit, just take a breath, drink a beer, read it ALL again, come back and try it again. ;)

Geezalou, I know that I come across as abrasive at times, but we have got to start passing out skin thickening lotion or something. Because I am not prepared to go back and explain ALL of my comments on here...every time...

17. primer

primer
    from clio mich

welcome ash, sweet ride. will we see you at cobo ,or grand rapids. its a good place to meet everyone.keep on smilin. :D

18. Are you and the car going to be back in Detroit for the Autorama?

19. ash

ash
    from Detroit

Yes we should be there, probley the Ford display.....

20. J.D.

J.D.
    from Clovis, CA

welcome from Denver.... don't worry you will develope think skin after a while... sweat car!

21. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Welcome from Tejas!! Sweet ride and wish it was mine. If I was only 18 again:)

22. ash

ash
    from Detroit

Thanks guys and girls.....

ash

23. ash

ash
    from Detroit

yea rat fink was beside my car at Sema lol, it's ours he sits in the shop scares the hell out of the shop cats lol

Attached Files:

24. Jai

Jai
    from Dallas, Tx

ask and ye shall recieve...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have more, but I didn't want to gank the thread....

25. lehr

lehr

Hemifarris I dont know you but I sure as hell like you ! Pat

26. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Sounds like he's a good one to know. I do know Ashley and Dan. Good ones to know. I know Pat.....still have a book he loaned me the first friggin' time we officially met. Good guy. Hangs out with some derelict-types, though!

27. lehr

lehr

Pete thats no way to talk about Joe and same shirt steve .

28. sodas38

sodas38

Ash, welcome to the board. I will be the first to admit as a "proud" man that I am jealous of your wedge. Very nice ride!! Like Plowboy said, I wish my old man would have showed/helped/taught me the creativity and talent it took to create that car. He was too busy fixing beaters like an old Audi Fox or Cadilac Eldorado to turn around and make $150 because he fixed the altenator or something. I spent many a cold day in Minnesota under a bumper wrenching because my old man had me there to do it for him. What I wouldn't have given to have been working on something like you have there.

Please take advantage of this board. There is much to be had for your cranial intake!! I have learned more here in the past year or so than I have since I started tinkering with cars. Many people with a much broader knowledge of this fun shit (**Do not need to censor as you are 18**) than me. I have also met many true "good" people. Yes, you will run across some very very proud people here that will tell you that you don't know shit even before having met you, but its worth sifting through them to get to the good stuff and the good people!! I am not a very proud guy, so I would have no problem shaking your hand for a sweat looking car if I saw you at a show, I guess I just dig all old cars. Anyway you get the drift, hang on here. :)

29. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Hey ash, quick question-how low is that thing? Are speed bumps a huge problem? I mean, I'm low but DAMN!-looks good though I can't open the first pix you posted:rolleyes:
    Jai-between you, the 'Rollergirls' series, and all the brawling girls at Highschool Ceasar shows, ya'll are gonna scare off the men of the nation! On second thought, that's great-more Texas girls for Texas guys!:D

30. ash

ash
    from Detroit

Hey guys and girls... Thanks....
    And to answer you question the car is 38 inches ( or real people don't belive it but I will post a picture of myself beside the car, you should see my 7 ft friend beside it lol, looks like a hot wheel) Yea it's gotta be driven on very nice roads, with no bumps, I know for sure I can't drive it in Mich where I live there are small foreign cars laying in the bottom of those pot holes lol j /k...
    But I will post some of the pictures from the photo-shoot last week for Dayton Wire Wheel, from what I heard pictures turned out bad ass, and it will be on the cover of the new catalog...

Take it easy, and rember drive it like you stole it.....
    ash

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.