Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

I decided to sign up as I have been assisting my significant other finding parts. I have never really known much about cars and have found this website and forum to be filled with an immense amount of information. I am hoping to learn more from others that have more experience and to read about people's projects.

2. Welcome from CT!

3. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

4. demodriver

demodriver

Welcome from out east.

5. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

Welcome to the HAMB from South Ga

6. welcome to the board ...

7. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Greetings from Oklahoma.

8. Welcome from another Oklahoman!

9. crazy_tonguezz

crazy_tonguezz
    from glendale

welcome from glendale az , where you can cook your eggs and toast your bread on the sidewalks

10. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

Thank you very much!

I just realized I had these responses. I'm still trying to figure my way through this forum but I am absolutely loving all of the information :)

11. crazy_tonguezz

crazy_tonguezz
    from glendale

so what kind of information are you looking for? what is your significant other working on and what parts you looking for ?

12. welcome to the HAMB
    rember it took most of us a large part of our lifetime to gains some knowledge
    and keep at it , it will slowly come maybe with some bumps
    ENJOY the ride

13. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

We are building a 32 5 Window Coupe - which I totally encouraged him to build. I figure building a car is art and the artist in me knew that he would grow far more attached to the car by building it and making it his own as one would model a piece of clay.

I have mostly been into drawing, painting and photography so seeing this piece of art become something beautiful is something I am completely grateful for.

So far I have learned a little bit about gauges, cal customs as I am having quite a difficult time finding parts. I even contacted Ed Cholokian to get more information. I totally love finding parts that are next to impossible to find as I feel if there is a will there is a way and with enough patience and hard work I will find what I am looking for.

For now I am looking for a cal customs horn relay cover, at first I thought it was just a myth or ghost because I couldn't find one. But we found a picture of one in a package and I knew it wasn't a mythical creature :)

I am lucky to have stumbled onto HAMB as there is a large community of people that have been doing what I'm trying to learn.

Thank you very much!

14. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Welcome from Slaton,Tx...

15. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

Thank you so very much! You have awesome cars :)

16. crazy_tonguezz

crazy_tonguezz
    from glendale

im with you on finding the what seems to be impossible items. i havent had my car more than 6 months and i have discovered parts that everyone has said to be near impossible or super rare. So far my ultimate unicorn item is the swing away steering system for my 63 mercury 2 door monterey... my secret for that one... got on craigslist main page start at the first state and go through every town then to the next state and so on and so on.... well got to minnesota and bam a guy has one for sale , kicker his friend from phoenix (mesa az) is there for the week and heading back soon.... its loaded in his friends truck and arriving in phoenix tomorrow, no shipping and i can pay his friend when i see the parts and im happy with it. no paypal,money grams straight person to person dealing... next on my list power window regulators and am/fm year correct for my car, ..

17. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

You are so lucky, but I have done that as well. I tried the all Craigslist search engines and they are just too broad or not have enough.

I have been doing everything I can do find that relay cover and nothing so far. But I'm not one to give up.

Let me know if you need an extra set of eyes since we seem to be using the se technique it may be easier if I help you cover some states :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. crazy_tonguezz

crazy_tonguezz
    from glendale

19. dad-bud

dad-bud

Hi there Grlz2grlz
    Welcome to the HAMB and I hope you get everything from it that you want
    Enjoy your time here
    Cheers.

20. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

Thank you so very much!

21. rockguy92

rockguy92

Welcome from Ohio. Lots of good advise on here, enjoy!

The Rock

22. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

Thank you so much! I have found that every time I have a question about something there are always several people that have an answer to my questions. Everyone is so great and helpful :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!