Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hey, look what I drug up. Gotha 6x2 intake for Olds.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by superjunkman, Oct 31, 2007.

1. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

It's a Gotha LM101 6x2 intake for Early Olds. I got a goodly portion of the linkage with it. Six 97's and a vintage Eelco valley cover were thrown in as well. I'm so happy that words can't describe. Now if I can make this beast work. I know one guy on here has this same intake, maybe some others as well. Any practical advice for running 6x2's?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MARTINSPEED likes this.
  2. old beet

old beet

Cool!!.....Nice Score!....I'm thinkin $$$$$..............OLDBEET

3. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

I'm thinking it was a steal and I'll keep it forever. I can't stop going into the garage and looking at it.

4. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Bobbleed has some cool Gotha stuff.

Awesome find!!

5. jonnycola

jonnycola

What's the story behind it?

Anyone ever see an ad for any gotha intakes? I never had, but I've seen 6 or 7 on cars or in vintage speed equipment collections...

I've got one for a nailhead.

6. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

I bought an old 324 just chocked full of speed parts from a guy last year and he recently offered me the 6x2 intake. Post up some pics of the Nailhead intake if you have any. I have a feeling I'm about to loose my mind and go Gotha crazy.

7. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

Any pics of Gotha stuff out there?

8. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

The old Honest Charley catalogs had ads for Gotha ... they made rocker arms also ... :)

9. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

10. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

11. MilesM

MilesM

Love it. I have an Offy, Edelbrock and a Weind 6x2 for Olds but I am still hunting for a Gotha to match my valve covers.

12. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

nice setup, as far as the bold, the only real advice there is don't let it idle! 324 cubes fed by ~900 cfm is just slightly over carbed

my uncle had his very healthy 371 running a 4X2 setup and it was overcarbed on the street.

13. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

I wonder if I can rig up a progressive linkage that will give it all to me when I stick my foot in it, but let me idle in peace?

14. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Yes you can..Littleman

15. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

Do, tell. Was your linkage homemade, adapted from two store bought 3x2 progressives, or what? It would be a crime for a couple of theses 97's to just waste away sitting there doing nothing.

16. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I ended up making mine, bought alot of it from McMaster Carr...Mine is straight linkage, all 12 butterflies open at once, the word progressive is just not in my vocabulary....But is a very popular way to go....You will have to make to your center two carbs your primary carbs w/ idle circuits and your four corner carbs into dumper carbs w/ no idle circuits and time your linkage accordingly....I am sure their maybe other ways, maybe someone running progressive w/ six carbs will chime in........Good luck and always have fun, Littleman

17. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

I've got most of the straight linkage that came with it. It will be sitting atop a pretty hot (in it's day) 324. I'll probably give it a chance with the straight and see if I like it first. I sure like what you described above though. Who knows. The possibilities are many.

Thanks for the info.

18. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Was yer uncle runnin' 97's??? (4) 2's (600cfm) shouldn't be 'overcarbed'.....

19. jonnycola

jonnycola

[​IMG]

My Gotha 6x2 for a nailhead.

20. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

Wow, that's real pretty. I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do for air cleaners.