Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Hey all you old truck guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by turdchazer, Feb 21, 2010.

1. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

I may be a day late and a dollar short on this one, but I gotta get the word out.
    I Hate "Custom Classic Trucks" and the other one I can't recall the name.
    The other night I was in Barnes& nobles and stumbled across this mag called "Vintage Truck" what a killer mag everything from 1/2 tons to 2 ton trucks.
    although they dont really hot rod the trucks it's more back to stock. but they have fords, chevy, intenational, divco, and other outta the norm trucks.
    I have read it cover to cover 3 times.
    and it's not full of billet clad 68-72 chevys.:cool:

2. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

3. duste01

duste01

I'll have to look for it

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've seen it and it doesn't spin my wheels. I'm the prolific magazine buyer and I don't think I have ever found an issue interesting enough to buy. Just my opinion, don't beat the crap out of me. I happen to like Custom & Classic Truck but it and Classic truck always seem to have the same stuff in both of them. But I don't mind the billet stuff in the rag as the trucks are usually well detailed and I often learn something from them.

5. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

In my experience Vintage Trucks is for collectors not hot rodders. It often has good usable information in it, but rarely about things I care about.

6. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

I like it because it is more than Ford/ Chevy , and they cover Kaiser, International, studebaker, and with the bigger trucks also.

I just get so sick of the other two "Hot Rod" truck mags With all the same trucks month after month in just different colors.
    I dont think there is one truck mag that I'm just "in love with".

7. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

I've checked out Vintage Trucks a few times but I'm not into stock restorations. Seen some nice looking trucks in it on a few occasions but I like to read articles about cars and trucks that have been modified. There aren't really any good truck mags on the market to tell ya the truth. Very few good car mags either. The Rodder's Journal and Traditional Rod and Kulture, Street Rodder, and Rod and Custom are about the best around, in that order to.

Just my 2 cents.

8. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I've been getting Vintage Truck for more than five years. It's a great magazine IMO. It doesn't have the same in the weeds, big wheeled chopped and diced truck every other magazine has in them. It might not appeal to the person who only wants to butcher a good vintage piece of iron but there's other magazines for them. There are no other magazines like it and it serves it's purpose.

9. I will make a special trip to look for it this week. I saw a 58 apache while watching barrett jackson (Gack!) it was dark green and had wheels maybe 5" wide with knobby military type tires on it, with a napco 4wd conversion.... I woulda gave my left nut for it!

Thanks for the tip

James

10. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

They have a decent website as well.

11. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

It is a great magazine for stock trucks as others have said. I like hot rodded trucks too, but I still like them with vintage appearance and seeing all the great resto jobs also let's me know how stock trucks should look for inspiration. And yes, thankfully they aren't just all Ford and Chevy ever single issue. In fact they seem to go out of their way to feature other makes and do a good job.

I can't stand Classic Trucks and similar mags. My wife use to buy them for me from time to time but I asked her to stop as I don't really find much interesting in them.

12. I like Vintage Truck. I sort of have a deep admiration for stock restos on certain things. I dig the hell out of antique tractors, and VT seems kind of like an extension of that to me (dont ask?). But I also dig Custom Classic Trucks. Yeah, more often than not there's Billety sh*t in there, but there are some pretty nice resto-mods and halfway decent tech articles.

13. edweird

edweird

my dad has a prescription to that mag. its got some cool stuff in it. i would rather look at it than the other truck mags with there taste less pieces of crap.

14. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

They put on a nice little show in august and do allow modified trucks,some unusual big trucks show up for that show and I am there with my 37 chevy p/u every year.