Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hershey time

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by noboD, Sep 18, 2006.

1. noboD

noboD

It's that time of year again. Who's going and what are you looking for? Look for the Jalopy Showdown license topper on Sat. on the showfield.

2. Clark

Clark

Hershey...???!!!! ????!!!:)!!!!---!!!:)!!! !!!!......sorry I get a little excited about Hershey!

I'll be there from Tuesday til Saturday. Sucks we don't have a stocker chassis to beat around this year.
    Clark

3. jetmek

jetmek

ill be going on wed. anyone know if the camping is in the same spot as before now that the white field is history?

4. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

It looks like I will be up there.

5. Clark

Clark

Boones...bothe Larry and I have spots if you need someplace to keep a cooler and parts.
    Clark

6. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

i may stop by :rolleyes:

7. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I'll be there wednesday! Lookin for a '34 pickup grille, mustang radiator, a cool 4bbl air cleaner and a mess of other little piddly shit...

8. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Hoping to go just for the Saturday Car Show, Corral, and to see a few old friends......maybe even spend a few dollars! Yoou never know....

Brucie

9. scarylarry

scarylarry

The happiest time of the year!

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'll be there Tuesday-Saturday space is C4J 41-42, last one on the left on Main Street in the Chocolate field, the Brookville trailer is right behind me. Good food vendor is on the other corner. HAMB member are welcome to leave heavy stuff in my space for the day to save trips to & from your vehicle, were ever you get to park it. I'm looking forward to a good time, if I find some parts that's fine, finding new homes for the stuff I bring down there is better.

11. 5window

5window

Wish I was retired and rich! I'll be there only Firday-looking for fun,odd parts that will fit the A,loose Auto-Kit wrenches and anything for a Spaulding-though nothing seems to exist anymore. You guys with vender spots-where are you?

12. RustyCoupe215

RustyCoupe215
    from Owings, MD

Yup,

I'll try to head up Friday nite/Saturady. Any HAMB meeting spot??? Work 40hrs a week so kinda hard to get up sooner or I'd be there. Save me some stuff for the COUPE!!! I need a pair of ladder bars and some 40 Ford Brake hardware....and a Front SPRING!!! lol j/k And.....

13. Clark

Clark

I'm in the red field right behind Speedway Motors trailer. I won't be there much :) My father will be sellin stuff for me. I'll have a cooler full of beverages just ask him for one. Be careful not to take his beer!

A Hamb meet would have to be in the evening. The day is all about buyin cool shit!
    Clark

14. leadsled01

leadsled01

Never been to Hershey. Thinking about going Friday and saturday car corral to sell my 50 plymouth wagon for $4,000. Is this something worth while or is this meet for the higher dollar cars? $100 for a spot seems high to me. Whats your opinions? Is that $100 for the whole meet or $100 a day?

15. I'll be there Friday. Heard they are calling for rain.....LOL

16. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

i hope so!, that weeds out alot of the people

17. sat for me...work calls...

tok

18. 5window

5window

I have never been a seller,so perhaps soemone else can answer that. As for Hershey itself,it's ind of the mecca for the antique car crowd,but there is tons of stuff for the rodders and you must go. Cars,so good bargains,no finished rods. Lots of parts,lots of venders,lots of cool stuff you never knew existed. Get your hardware,bits and pieces for the winter,pick up a new project. I Have never been disappointed and a lot of people seem to know what the stuff is really worth and will also bargain a bit. That being said, I did see a set of Ardun heads,NOS for 17K last year and a Packard acution for just under a million.

Four bits of advice.

1 It's free to get in-parking is pretty cheap and run by like the firemen. But wear comfortable shoes-it's a lot to see.
    2. Like every meet,the hot stuff goes the first day,prices go down as the meet goes on and there is always the treasure someone else overlooked. Be advised though, that the AACA group is a bit older than the rodding group and a lot of them are retired. Hershey goes Wed-Sat,but a lot of venders pack up and are gone by late morning Saturday. Still fun, but Friday is better.
    3. Hershey is a fun town regardless of the weather. But this is central PA in the fall. DO NOT,I repeat,DO NOT go to Hershey without a rain suit, an umbrella,plastic bags to protect your delicate puchases,dry socks, a change of shoes.!! Last year I had only a raincoat-it rained 5". I was determined to carry a free sign that was on half a sheet of 1/4" plexiglas back to the car-1 mile away. I got a bit damp. When I got to the car,the sign wouldn't fit! Eventually,it did.
    4. Lots of venbders,like Mac's for Ford parts,will bring your order to the show and you don't pay shipping. Handy if you've ordered a bumper or a cowl band or something heavy or oversized. Mac's also will pay the PA sales tax for you if you pay cash.

Have fun!

19. leadsled01

leadsled01

Thanks 5window...I went to Carlisle all Chrysler meet (a guy at work highly recommended it) and it was all muscle car crap. I had the oldest car with the only chevy drive train and was critisized all weekend.

20. rbroadster

rbroadster

My buddy and I will be there Tuesday thru Saturday. Had to miss last year due to business travel. Been going through withdrawals ever since!! :D

Hershey is one you MUST get to at least once.

I liked it better before all the asphalt. Kind of like you had to earn your scars.

Still, no better place on Earth to see some many unique cars and parts in one location.

See you there !!

21. Dad and I will be coming from Michigan, first time for me!! Can't wait, hope to find something cool?!!?? :D We plan on being there Friday and Saturday. Hope to meet some HAMBers! See you guys there.

22. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

The thing I like best about Hershey is that there are actually still some old restorers that vend there and are quick to get rid of "that hot rod shit".

23. 5window

5window

Save some time to go to the AACA Museum in Hershey. Not rods, but really well done restorations of some really interesting automobiles. Also, if you haven't been there,stop by the Gettysburg battle field. I am not much of a history buff,but this place is just incredible. Lots of ghosts there,and I don't believe in ghosts.

24. 5window

5window

Oh yeah! But don't tell the venders you are building a rod. Lots of them won't sell to us riff-raff.

25. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

Can't believe another year has gone by already.
    I will be there Tuesday and Wednesday...my 22nd year I think...

Cris

26. noboD

noboD

As someone said look at Hershey Region AACA site for a map, things have changed bigtime. My spaces are at the farthest west row of the Giant Center parking lot, GAC 25-26. Look for a '70 Grabber Blue Ford pickup. You can store stuff you don't want to carry.Drinks and peanuts will be there. You have to be a AACA member to vend or sell in car corral. All the corral spaces { 1000} are taken except for about 100 or so they let out at the beginning of the week, first come first served.

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nobody mentioned the RACE CAR event on Friday in the Staduim! All the Race Cars that are entered in the Saturday Show have to prove they run and move under their own power. To do this safely they all fire up and tour the track with a car bio given over the PA system.

28. scarylarry

scarylarry

That is the one up side to having a space at the far end of the show. I can pretty much stand in my space and watch the cars go round the track!

29. sawzall

sawzall

they arent letting you in..

hershey AACA meet has a strict NO modified cars Policy..

37 kid.. thanks for the reminder.. last year we did wednesday and thursday.

this year its thurs and friday..

looks like I'll have my midwest, and DEEP SOUTH bitches along..
    gotta bring my pals to carry all my shit..

TOKYO is a HOMO for letting WORK get in the way of HERSHEY..

I vote for a hamb meet thursday eve (say 530 pm.. at clarks spot..)

red flea market.. behind the stadium..

look for the bald guys..

30. Clark

Clark

Jeffey...sounds good to me 5:30 in the red field. I'll get my sapce numbers listed tomorrow.

Anybody that needs to leave something at my spot is more than welcome.

That puts me on the upper end of the field, 37kid in the middle and NoboD on the south end. All bases are covered.
    Clark