Register now to get rid of these ads!

Here to soak up the knowledge!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by dvmnorthwest, Jun 3, 2008.

1. dvmnorthwest

dvmnorthwest

Well, I've been lurking around for a few months now but figure it was high time that I joined up.

First let me say that you guys and this place are amazing. The knowledge on here is like a Mastercard commercial- priceless!

Now, about me:
    I am 27 years old and originally from Colorado. Currently, I am a first year vet student in Oregon (no, I don't know what is wrong with your dog, so please don't ask). I will be back in Colorado for the summer and I just purchased a 38 Ford pickup for a father-son, gasser-inspired, summer project. I say "gasser-inspired" because it will have a few things(not many) that land outside of "traditional", like a 429 Super Cobra Jet power plant.:eek: I know, I know, but we have all the parts (and then some) literally just laying around the garage. My father is an avid truck puller and that what he runs and knows, so why not? The rest will be traditional and the thing should haul ass!

We also have a few other rides:
    55 Chevy 2 door post with a 427
    57 Chevy 4 door hardtop 2nd owner

When I was really young, dad had a white, 35 Oldsmobile that had a dual-quad 409 set up in it that we called "The White Knight". Dad traded that for his 55. I can't speak for him, but I really regret that decision.

I have also owned a 69 SS 396 Camero and a 42 Willys jeep with a Buick V-6, but those have recently found new homes (school is crazy expensive). Now I have seen the light and converted to HAMBer. Let me just say thank you in advance for you guys and this place.

Any other questions, just ask.

2. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

3. skyrodder

skyrodder