Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Here It Is... The Thread You've All Been Waiting For!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D-Russ, Oct 25, 2009.

1. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Lots of nice subtle details, great color combo, right on stance!

2. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Dave everytime I check out this thread I am half tempted to start messing with our Vicky. But I have to restrain myself because I have to finish the other ones first. Great job man I hope to see it in person one of these days

3. Big Tony

Big Tony

Dig everything about it... even the easter egg blue paint :~)

4. Dave, what are you thinking of for your dash, steering wheel and the rest of the interior? Sticking with something original or swapping in a '40 or something like that? What do you have in mind?

5. Good ideas, good implementation. It'll confuse the "experts"

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sorry I'm late reading this update. Car looks great!

7. bonesy

bonesy

Very cool. All the fab work looks like it should have always been there. Great job.

8. 6mopar7

6mopar7

Beautiful ! More please... Thanks for sharing.
    I love Vickys

9. The dash is an original 32 piece that I cut the top off (very rusty) and welded to the top of the factory arched trim piece that came on the car. You know, the one that arches up over the factory A gauge cluster. I did this so the arch at the top of the dash would match the A cowl. I also welded 1/4 of the profile of some inch and a quarter tubing to each side to close the gaps on the left and right sides. Here's a pic of the dash.
    [​IMG]

Here's the gauge panel and gauges. The panel is a repop from Bob Drake and the gauges came out of a 62 International truck. The cool thing about the gauges is that they're the same sizes as the common aftermarket gauges by Stewart Warner and others so I can change them out later if I choose.
    [​IMG]

The steering column is mostly home made. I wanted tilt because I'm on the tall side, so I started with the tilt section from a 66 Buick Rivera. I picked this one because it didn't have a key switch or shifter and the tilt section was relatively small. I cut off the original tube and welded on a piece if 1-1/2 inch thick walled tubing. I made the rounded transition from the tilt section to the tube from a Moon dagmar. The base that bolts to the firewall is made from several pieces of tubing and flat sheet metal. The steering wheel is from a 59 Impala. Eventually it will be painted black and white two tone. The dash will be blue like the body of the car, but I had white sealer in the gun that day so that's why it's white right now. Here are a couple of pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm probably getting ahead of myself here, but the plan for the interior is basically black and white vinyl, black carpet, and white headliner. Garnish moldings will be black. Something like this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  10. lorodz

lorodz

looks great .....keep it up

11. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

I sure dont know much, but I know what I like. Looks just great. Thanks for sharing your build. Slim

12. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Smurftastic! Seriously though, nice work.

13. freebird101

freebird101

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've got to get there........ we're doing early Happy Thanksgiving wishes, and I think there was a Merry Christmas somewere, so why not start with the 2010 New Years Resolutions. :rolleyes:

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I've probably followed this build more than any other since joining the HAMB. Every installment just leaves me wanting more. There is an old saying, "good things come to those who wait" and it's appropiate for this build. Everything you've done is just so well thought out you could pull one over on the uininformed by saying it's a transition model from '31-'32 that didn't make production. Can't wait to see the "finished" product (no matter how long it takes).
    BTW, don't let 3WLarry bug you he's only sell it if it were his.:eek::cool::D

Frank

16. Dave, I kinda like the white dashboard if you're really going with black and white interior like in that pic.
    Just a thought...

17. I like the white dash too. Tell me more about your interior color brakes. Will all the interior metal panels be blue?

18. greaser

greaser

Dave,
    Tastefully done... She's beautiful! Definately centerfold material. Actually, I think you're the last one to raise the bar!

19. Rusty

Rusty

You done good,, I love it!!!!

20. b-bob

b-bob

Realy looks cool. I especialy like the 32 header and 32 style opening on the top.

21. Dave, Hows that Vicky coming? I cant wait to see her done!!!
    Tim

22. -JoeSmith-

-JoeSmith-

Keep up the good work. You will be driving it before you know it.

23. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

Very Cool . Looks like it will be very soon.

Todd

24. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I dig it! That's a sweet dash.

25. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Great work. I love the rear body detail!

26. Is that a tintable sealer?
    What type is it?
    thanks
    The attention to detail is great

27. scotsmerc64

scotsmerc64

Sooooo Purdy.......... Great great work!

28. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Exceptionally nice build. You have every reason to be proud.
    Please continue posting photos. Great details.