Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Here It Is... The Thread You've All Been Waiting For!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D-Russ, Oct 25, 2009.

1. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

So DAMN NICE, I like it a LOT!

Nick.

2. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Tell me with all of that nice bodywork that you plan to make it shiny before you put it all back together?

3. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Great work and beautifull car!
    Think about installing a 32 firewall.

4. I like all the little details. In a way it is sad they will be lost on many but that is the silver lining, those that get it, GET IT!

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

6. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Hot diggity damn!

7. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

Dave that car is beautiful. With that looking so nice I dont know if I will be able to park next to you when I get my caddy on the road. I am gonna go find some rusteese . really nice.

Todd

8. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I bought the Slant Windshield, I was in the Las Vegas Valley Model A club. I too was starting to get a lot of questions after I bought it. A couple people were interested in buying it so they knew about it, but weren't willing to do the work it needed to be restored (they were all restorers, for the most part). After I took the plunge, I didn't have the heart to tell anyone so I stopped going. I didn't want to hear what they had to say.

One day I was chatting with one of the members and forgot he didn't know about me cutting it up... ALOT. When I told him about it, he freaked out. I haven't heard from him since! HAHA! :rolleyes::D

9. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Dave I am jealous..........lol.......but for real this is one hell of a Hot Rod!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can only hope my Vicky will be some what close to this one day. It is two cars away from messing with it......lol

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, some awesome work in that body, looking real good. You gonna' write HERPES on the back again?:D:p:);)

Doc.

11. 9fingerdoug

9fingerdoug
    from VA

WOW ! Dave; what a great job. How long have you worked
    on it? What patience and talent, the details are amazing.
    Can't wait to see it.:)

12. Rich B.

Rich B.
    Member Emeritus
    from Portage,IN

Dave:
    What a great job! I hadn't noticed the cowl band removal
    before. It will be a great look with the windshield mod!

Did you use seam sealer on the cowl? I have been thinking
    of this on mine instead of welting.

Rich

13. metalman

metalman

Man o man! Even thou I'm a bit partial towards 32 Vickys (go figure!) I really dig your A. The body mods are right on. Looking really good, I'm jelous, your now farther along then I am with the 32.

14. Dave, you've been very busy and it shows, that's the tits man.Awesome job on the body mods.

15. Uptown83

Uptown83

Looks awesome! I was always wondering when there would be a update on this one.

16. Nice, nice, nice. Way to go, Dave. Keep it coming, you're almost there. :cool:

17. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Looks good! Look forward to possibly meeting you this wknd! I especially like the fact that its a kustom hotrod!

Lots of exclamation points!

18. Diavolo

Diavolo

I'm just startled to see that even the flathead screws are all lined up in a row, not a single one I could see was clocked out of alignment. You, sir, have some serious attention to detail!

(except for that one on the passenger side, lol)

19. Spooky

Spooky

That car just makes me smile.

Love me a Vicky!!
    Nice job Brutha-

20. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Very nice work sir! I haven't really been a fan of that body style but your's is an outstanding example that may have just swayed my opinion on them! Wish i had the talent you do.The whole thing just works that my good sir is a gorgeous car.I would say leave it the color it is just a nice clear coat on top to make her shiney and i love the white firewall.

21. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

cool, I dig it...
    great job looks like some fun....

22. Finish it up so I can buy it...lol

23. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Couldn't help it. I went through and looked at all the pictures again. This time I kept in my mind the whole time what this car started out as and visualized what was put into each alteration. I think my original compliment was greatly understated! This stuff is not easy to pull off. I'm still blown away by how well that roof turned out. You are going to confuse the hell out of a lot of people and I think that's what makes it such a great build. But then, I just like builds like that. Builds where someone who trully knows early 30's Fords takes a long hard look at it and says to him/her self.... "HEY! Wait! WTF happened here?!" It LOOKS like you took something that rolled off the assembly line with these details and just chopped it. In a sense, with the lines and features that are now present in the body, I almost have to think it looks BETTER than the '32 OR the 30. It combines all the best details of the 30/31 vicky and the 32 vicky.

Can't say it enough, Dave! Well done! I think this car should serve as an example of what can be done with some clever thinking, some hard work, and patience. I look forward to what the future holds for this car.

24. Wow- all the good superlatives have already been used... :)

See you this Saturday!

25. Really nice job so far, keep on keepin' on, the details look terrific.

26. very sexy!!! I really dig everything that you have done to the car, cant wait to see it with the doors on.

27. oldrodder43

oldrodder43

Excellent work. I love the look of the car. And my personal all time favorite color! Blue. Thanks. Perley

28. Yes!!!

Damn, that looks good. I love Vickys.

I hope you can make it to Charlotte with that thing some time. I would love to cruise with you. That thing is going to look killer rolling down the road!!

Keep up the good work.

BloodyKnuckles

29. Fenders

Fenders

I understand that the Victoria was actually marketed toward women.

But hey, I'd like one !!
    Uh, the car, not a woman...
    NO wait wait I mean...........
    Can I have both?

30. yankbuilt

yankbuilt

Dave, the car looks great! Get that thing going and maybe we can meet up at a show,if i'm in town or the country.You did your home work on this one.More people need to do there studies.You should be very proud.