Register now to get rid of these ads!

Here’s my ticket, citation, etc collection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gearheadruss, Aug 28, 2012.

1. We’ve all got tickets. I started driving in about 1968, got my first ticket which was for speeding, then another and another so when I realized I might be getting lots of tickets I decided to save them. I scanned them and resized the scans smaller.

Not shown is
    1) speeding driving my 55 Chevy on I-5 going from Portland OR to Seattle WA
    2) Improper Lane trave driving a shortened 59 Chevy wagon on 167 near Renton WA
    3) Racing in my 65 Chevelle (Straight Axel) in downtown Seattle on 1st Ave near the Pike Place Market
    4) Warning for no horn 71 Honda chopper
    5) Speeding driving me 65 Chevelle in Bothel on Bothel way. All 30+ people in court had the same ticket. Radar Trap!
    6) Warning doing donuts in the parking lot at Boeing where I worked then driving a Honda 250x ATC in the snow.

To see all 38 tickets, citations, warnings, etc check out my album here on the HAMB
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=35640

Here are a few:

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Filed all mine under c.s., so no scans.
    Parking tickets dont count for coolness, heck you were parked then!

3. i could count on one hand how many tickets i have received in my 43 years of driving

the last accident i had in my own vehicle was in 1975 , rear ended at a 4-way stop

4. My 1 and only ticket was in 1985. 31 in a 25 zone speed trap in my hearse :cool:

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Between the time I was 16 and 18 I had lost my license 3 times, once for a year for drag racing. Walking for that whole year taught me a lesson and I haven't had another ticket in the 49 years since that time. I found out who my friends were because they were all around when I had a car but few came around when they had to haul my butt around. I also found out slow driving is better than fast walking. :eek:

Don

6. That's sounds exactly like I was. I look back now and can see how stupid I was.

7. squirrel

squirrel

scofflaw

I might have some of mine, I don't know. I'd have to look and I don't really want to.

The last one was for crashing my old pickup into a minivan. That one hurt

8. -Brent-

-Brent-

I once saw my insurace agent print out my traffic record, years ago. As it passed four printed pages, I certainly didn't feel "cool." I've wasted a good deal of money on speeding. Money I could've spent on speed parts! :D

That said, I've got a ticket from when I went out to Montana last month. It still stings to think about, even a month after being paid. I'd like to say I'll never get a ticket again but I can't seem to avoid them out here. Hell, before this last ticket - my two previous speeding tickets here in UT have been for 5 mph over. Those burn, too, considering the hurting they put onto my insurance payment.

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

38 tickets? I got pulled over once a week and hassled by dick cops until I was 21 or so. 9 out of 10 stops were pure chickenshit. then I moved to Niles Ca,where there was 3 biker bars in the main street. I had to sneak down side streets at night or they would stop me for something. I was racially profiled, they figured since I was a white dude with long hair driving an old car I must be up to something no good. most of my tickets were fix it tickets.

now that I'm old and fat I haven't been pulled over in over 15 years.

10. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I remember one ticket for speeding and excessive noise-mufflers. I went in front of the court and pleaded guilty. The judge was a friend of my dad and told me I better get those mufflers changed soon and he would check with dad. Some times you just can't win.

11. deto

deto

I looked up my record last week. 14 moving violations in 10 years.

12. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

When I was a 19-year-old know it all I got 3 speeding tickets in a 3 month period. 2 by the same cop. I was what was called in California an assigned risk and paid dearly for insurance for the next three years. I was cured and have not had one in the last 30 plus years.

13. Last ticket in a 4 wheeled vehicle, 1971 for drag racing on the street....shoulda been DWI as well but times were different then.

Last ticket on a two wheeled vehicle, 1973 for speeding, no motorcycle driver's license, no inspection sticker. Just bought my '72 Triumph Bonneville.

Hope it stays that way.

14. larry k

larry k

A OLD MAN THAT TOOK ME UNDER HIS WING WHEN I WAS YOUNG HOT RODDER,HE RACED DIRT CARS ,,, EARLY CHEVYS WITH HOPPED UP 235 CHEVY ENGINES HIS CAR NUMBER WAS ALLWAYS 5 1/2 AND I HAD TO ASK WHY 5 1/2, AND NOT 6, HE TOLD ME THAT THE FIRST SPEEDING TICKET HE EVER GOT WAS IN 1936 AND THE FINE WAS $5.50,SO HIS KEPT THAT NUMBER AS HIS CAR NUMBER EVER SINCE .AND IT DIDN'T SLOW HIM UP ANY , A COOL OLD GUY THAT SHOWED ME A LOT OF CAR TRICKS... :cool:

15. Not really something to brag about. Why do we have such a bad reputation and get stopped for no reason?

16. brad chevy

brad chevy

Sounds like you need someone to drive you around. The way the laws have changed they classify bad drivers as habitual offenders and take their license for life. Back years ago a speeding ticket didn't cost much,now you have to finance them.

17. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

I got nothin'...really, nothin'; been driving 43 years, never had a ticket, not that hard to not get tickets. ;)

18. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I've had 3 tix in 22 yrs of driving. I'm the poky guy in the right lane. Please don't tailgate me.

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yup. I've gotten about 5 in my life time and wasn't proud of any of them. Giving up money for stupid things isn't cool.

20. Bunch of hooligans! I got my license in 1964 and only got 2 tickets, one for mufflers right after I got my license and one for expired tag 30 years ago. I always managed to let up right before a cop appeared. Dumb luck I guess.

21. When I was 20 I got an exibition of speed ticket for my car shifting into 2nd gear and chirping the tires.

22. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I haven't got a ticket in years, haven't had an accident since I was 19, am 40 now, doesn't mean I drive slow though

23. squirrel

squirrel

you better drive slow

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x_wLVCLPx0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

24. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

First ticket was for speeding in '67. Got a drag racing ticket in '77, went to court and got it dismissed. That's all folks.

25. the-rodster

the-rodster

Expired license, had to call my wife to drive, she wasn't happy.

Attached Files:

26. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I got my 1st ticket when I was 16 taking my driver's test. I was 5 mph over the limit and the old bastard gave me a ticket. I flunked the driving but passed the parking . I had to wait 6 months to retake the test. After that I lost count.

27. I had a horrific driving record from 1974 to 1984. I was a frequent flyer in traffic court and even had a lawyer to get me out of scrapes. Drove for at least a year with NO license. My last speeding ticket was in 2006 and cost me $300... no more $25 and $15 tickets. I never saved any mementos of my escapades, could probably paper my kitchen with 'em.

Bob

28. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

"Wow, you're like a regular JD!"

29. 62rebel

62rebel

two tickets in thirty years..... i reckon i'm just an old fuddy duddy with zero points and nobody watching for my plate number to pass by.

insurance company likes me, though. very small bill.

we gonna have a thread showing off jailhouse tats now?

30. I was pretty good my first couple years driving, but the graduated from traffic school before I graduated from college! In my 5 year college period I wento to traffic school 6 times. Back early-mid 80's in CA you were supposed to go only once every 2 years, or once per lifetime, depending on the county. I had the tickets in different counties and they had no records of the others. A V8 Vega i built as senior in high school was not the best choice for avoiding cop's attention

Worse ticket was flying down the freeway around 85-90 mph (when speed limit was still 55), late at night and saw the cop coming on. Slowed down and he eventually pulled me over "I was doing 95 or more to catch up with you". Since he did not clock me, he wrote the ticket for "75+ in a 55", he actually wrote the plus sign on the ticket!