Register now to get rid of these ads!

henry j gasser part 2 paint to finish

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragrcr50, Jul 3, 2010.

1. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

kool sounding name , wonder what it means????????????????

2. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

We peeled the plastic off of the aluminum today and put it all in the front of the car and 300 rivets later the front floor and tunnel are finished and bitchin......
    got the over flow bottle bracket built and installed and the gasoline can(looks like stainles overflow tank) for the injection gas primer..mounted, also the fuel pump figured out for its mounting as well. was a good productive 100 plus temp day . more tomorrow , we start the tubs and back half of the car tin work. i can already smell the alky ..................stay tuned

Attached Files:

3. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

today we got the tubs fitted cut painted and installed in the J. man 103 outside but we keep hittin it. determined to race it in a couple of weeks one way or the other ..enjoy :cool:

Attached Files:

4. uwonamos

uwonamos
    from Omaha, Ne

Wish I was closer, Hell I'd come help. Always up for a good sweatin'.

Especially when shit is gettin done! Dan

Oh, and you are truly kicken' ASS on that thing!!

5. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

thanks dan, makes me wish id have kept the 55 or the vicky or the willys , oh well this is it. man i wish you were closer too, be a hell of a time............. thanks for the Kudos dan.......

6. ironpile

ironpile

Nice J,Wish I could taks atleast one of the other ones off your hands,but better stick to 1 project at a time at myage.

7. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Rad x 45678987654345678.

8. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Sam, you goind to the HAMB drags with this ride?

9. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

no it isnt acceptable there, they turned hooleys down and mine is about identical to it..they dont want race cars at the race.............. im ok with that since 'im not a partyer. and like to actually race, another story ... but no i wont be there.............. :cool:

10. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

One more piece of floor , join the tunnel to back pan and im done with the tin here ya go.

Attached Files:

11. 4406

from Oklahoma

It's coming along nicely,I leave on the 30th to pick up my Plymouth & my trailer. Hope to see ya @ Thunder Valley

12. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

running out of time, but it is coming together. need to race at ardmore the 4th of september????????????????????????????????? :eek:
    i got my intake all cleaned , nozzels lines distr block etc, and all back together and on the car. cables hooked up, fuel lines hooked up , headers came back from coaters i really like the titanium look, and distributor in ... lexan this weekend and more stuff hooked up , stay tuned it will really change fast now... gotta fire it next weekend sometime ...

Attached Files:

13. popsracer

popsracer
    from Sacramento

14. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

thanks got driveshaft today, and a few more pcs, should be a good weekend thrash

15. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

another long weekend on the J, startin to look like it wont make the ardmore race after all , just not enough hours in the day for dave and i. maybe santa will send some elves over to help make it hapen... aint hotroddin a blast............

got the seat, and the belts in the shifter put together and in the alky fuel shut off in with cable, throttle cable hooked up to new throtle pedal heel toe deal. new nhra battery bod and cables in. all the rest of the an hoses made and installed the moon tank finished up with a vent and bolted down. the primer system to the injection finished up ... ... and thaat my friends is a long ass weekend of thrashing... for two old guys... enjoy......

Attached Files:

16. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

yes it is a legal nhra sealed box, no trunk ? no where else to put it.

17. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

i think it is the same as if it were under the floor , it is sealed , has vent under car , fully enclosed and two 3/8 studs grommets etc. and it is nhra legal...

18. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

well, we have been hard at it, we got the thing completeley wired this last two days, got brakes bled, diaper on it fan, w/p etc etc all on and hooked up everything on injection is functional.. lights in back etc. and all the patterns for lexan made today. tomorrow we cut lexan and install all of it. doors and fenders and hood back on and of to the alignment shop for alignment and having it scaled and set up and fire the engine ... will be ready if all goes well to take to ardmore next fri night for the reunion race totally virgin never driven hot rod, can't wait... :cool::D

Attached Files:

19. awesome stuff. good luck.

20. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Hope to see the car at Tulsa Sept. 25.

21. Ruiner

Ruiner

Sam, you're doing an amazing job on that car...I will readily admit I was not on board with you when this project started since I'm a traditional sort of fellow, but damn it all if you didn't win me over...I wish I was closer to be able to lend a hand...and 2 names came to mind for your car...Hill Climber (to get you back "over the hill" to younger days) ;)...hehehe...or J Walkin Away...that play on words is pretty easy to figure out...best of luck brother, can't wait to see her finished!...

22. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

Sunday night after a long assed weekend on the J... all that is left to do is dzus the fenders on and hang the doors and put the swing out bar in it. i'll take it to racerods shop for an alignment and chassis scale job tomorrow. then fire it and set the barrel valve and run the engine in. and take it to the ardmore reunion race this coming friday night. come see it for the very first time all together and done. ill letter it a little later next month or so... think 007........ hetre it isw with all the new two day lexan job dave and i did. it runed out great a lexan with a 25% bronze smoke color koooooool . thanks all of ya ill have poics of it running and all together this week

Attached Files:

23. Ruiner

Ruiner

If that's all that's left, then get your ass back out there and finish it! Hahaha, kidding, it's coming together great, and I dig the lexan...

24. 33willysgasr

33willysgasr

That is awesome Sam!

25. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

thanks 33, been a bitch , i cant hardly straightn my back out, gettin too old for this kind of thrash,. but ill be in ardmore with it for sure...

26. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

thanks claymore this friday night it will hit ardmores gasser wars.........

27. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Best looking J ive seen so far! Good luck at the races and get some Hi-Res pics for us! Been dying to check out the detail!

28. Rusty

Rusty

29. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

off to the alignment shop for a chassis scale and set up and fire the beast for the first time... back on it tomorrow, hang doors and fenders and ready to rock n roll come friday ... be afraid gassers!!!! hehe

Attached Files:

30. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

That is a very nice job Sam. car looks beautiful. Kudo's to you for the thrash. I totally understand about not being 18 anymore. LOL. " J " and the Americans? LOL. Lippy:D