Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Henry J Convertible?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FlynBrian, Nov 9, 2009.

1. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

I saw this one about a year ago. Don't know much about it. I think it's fiberglass,based on a Henry J but not sure. I think some guy in Pennsylvania built it a while back.

Attached Files:

2. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

HJ Converts ? Would love to see some "in the tin" pictures !!!!! Would have to look cool,...those have nice body lines.....

4TTRUK

3. Model-A-Bomb

Model-A-Bomb
    from Orlando,FL

I live in Buffalo and I know or have heard of a custom covertible 1951 Henry J that has been sitting on a guys property from decades, apparently was on the cover of Rodding and Restyling back in the day. Just my 2 cents.

4. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

I live nearby this car. I saw it on CL recently. Too many projects with no place to work currently and limited time at present. This would be a really cool HAMB build. We'll see,
    maybe it'll be available in a few more years (like it already has been).

VR&C.

5. Anyone recognize the car in this old B&W ? I think it is VERY FINE !!!

Attached Files:

6. those are way cool little cars the one in Pasadena was built by Eric who owned a body shop on Foothill close to Blairs.
    this one at the Portland Roadster Show was the Baddest of the Bad HJ's Viper powered

Attached Files:

7. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

I ran onto it looking for something else, as so often happens, right? It's
    from the photo-stream of FlickR member vinnyvrg, a real dyed-in-the-wool
    car guy :cool: Is this beautiful, or what?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vinny's commentary on this unique car: "Built in 1954/55 this Henry J Convertible
    was a rebuild of a nearly new 1953 Henry J Coach that had serious top damage when
    it was rolled over. The top, rear deck and windshield frame where removed. The
    door tops and quarter panel front tops were cut down to match the original Darrin
    dip body creases and then rolled inward. Windshield dog legs were added to allow
    for the use of the popular wrap around windshield from a 1955 Chevrolet. The rear
    deck and trunk lid was fabricated by fitting a Ford Model A coupe deck in reverse
    to make the correct contour match the quarter sides. Side trim was hand formed
    using stainless trim and styled to look similar to the 55 Ford Fairlane. The quarter
    scoop ornaments are from a 1951 Packard. It made a great looking convertible and
    it lost that studgy appearance that the regular 2 door fastback coach showed. The
    engine was replaced with a 1950 Studebaker 246 cid 6 cylinder. With no side win-
    dows or roof the car was protected from the rain with a fitted tonneau cover so it
    may be fair to call it a Roadster and not a Convertible."
    <!-- / message -->