Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Helping a widow find husband's 59 Olds vert

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Model A Vette, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

I met A woman at registration for York that would like to find her late husband's car.
    She sold it to a museum in Stroudsburg, Pa. The museum went under and the car was sold and she lost track of it.
    The car is a '59 Olds Convertable. Main body color is dark red or maroon with secondary upper color of white. The car had less than 30,000 miles on it when she sold it. It was always garaged and looked brand new. The husband had pulled the engine to clean it up and he painted the engine and reinstalled it.
    She would like to pass on the original paperwork to the present owner.
    I'd like to help her as her eyes really lit up when she talked about the car and showed pictures to my wife and me.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. Deuces

Deuces

We could use some pictures of the car...If she has any........

3. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

Unfortunately we were at check-in at the headquarters hotel and she only had small "Instamatic" type photos of the car.
    From what I could see it was two tone with dark red lower and white upper and a white top.

4. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

If anyone can put this together - the HAMB can

5. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

If you can get the name of the museum that would help. Then the hunt for any auction house that handled the sale would be next. I suppose the license plates changed?

6. Probably the Gast Museum.

7. Model A Vette

Model A Vette