Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by -TheRodKid-, Aug 30, 2012.

1. -TheRodKid-

-TheRodKid-
    from Canada

Hi guys im 15 years old and new to the hot rod world I got gave a 1975 Gmc with a 305 auto and wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what i should do with it as far as custom Thanks for any suggestions guys!:D

2. um 1975 anything is off topic for the hamb
    if it were me i would pull the trans and the rear axle and scrap the rest you can use the axle and trans in a different car

305's are junk

3. -TheRodKid-

-TheRodKid-
    from Canada

I know sorry i just thought i would ask it was once my great granpas truck and well ya i wanted to drop a 572 crate in it

4. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

At least you are realistic in your goals lol.

5. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

Two wheel drive I take it? Stepside or regular bed? Not that impotant really,either way slam it to the ground and put on GENUINE Moon discs. nose it ,deck it and shave the door handles and all other outside chrome louver the hood. DONE

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  6. squirrel

squirrel

start saving your pennies.....but seriously, you can find much more affordable engines to swap in there. I put a 396 in my old chevy truck when I was 17. I got a used engine from a junkyard and rebuilt it. Learned a lot more than if I had bought a crate motor, even if they had been available