Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Help with Wheel Identification

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobbytnm, Nov 4, 2018.

1. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Greeting everyone,
    I would like to tap into the far reaching depth of knowledge here on the HAMB and see if I can figure out what these wheels are and where they are from; Make, Model, Manufacturer, etc.

I've never seen a wheel like them. I've been scouring the internet and I can't find anything similar.

I appreciate all the help
    Bobby

Attached Files:

2. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It has rings, inner and outer, with the outer being the removable ring to mount and dismount the tire.
    Firestone made or had made for them, lots of wheels back in the day. It looks to be truck or maybe implement.
    Cool looking wheel 20" too which makes me think truck also.

3. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Larry,
    Yea, they are 6x20 wheels, currently mounted on a 1924(?) Yellow Cab Manufacturing truck. But, I think they might not be original. There isn't too much info out there about Yellow Cab Mfg trucks but I did find a spec sheet that stated that the 3/4 ton trucks had 33x4 1/2 wheels and he 1 tons had 35x5 wheels.
    I think we have determined that this truck is a 1 ton but these wheels definitely aren't 35's. The few pics of Yellow Cab Mfg trucks that I have found all have solid wheels (Disteel Wheels) and are typically 4 lug.

Here is a pic of the truck. Buddy picked it up at the Joiner auction not long ago;
    IMG_2536.jpeg

4. No front brakes on that axle. Did your buddy put new tires on or are they old ones that look new ? I think the wheels look OK for that truck.

5. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

From the limited information I can find the truck didn’t come with front brakes.
    Yea, the tires look pretty good, not sure how old they are but they aren’t weather cracked at all. The truck hasn’t run in years. I think it was used as advertising in front of the previous owners RV Park.

The wheels look OK on the truck and we have no plans on changing them. I’d just like to know where they came from, etc

6. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Just a gentle bump to see if anyone has any ideas about these wheels

thanks