Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with 49 f100 brake drums/wire rims

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vegas_Cleaver, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Vegas_Cleaver

Vegas_Cleaver

ok here is my problem i found a set of 17 inch ford wire wheels that i wanted to run on the front of my coupe. i have a set of 49 f100 drum brakes up front and when i went to put the rims on they wouldnt fit over the drums. i guess the 38-48 drums have a different angle to them. would it be possible to fit a set of 38-48 drums on my 49 set up? has anyone else had this problem. thanks

2. v8ford

v8ford
    BANNED

i think the problem ur having is. the casting/size of the drum on the f1 doesnt allow u to put ur wire rim on there...even though its the same 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern..... the back of the wire rim the circle part of the rim....wont fit onto the drum..... there for i would switch to say a 40-48 drum.....that will fit the wire like a glove or.....go to spacers to kick it out....hope i helped a little paul

3. Vegas_Cleaver

Vegas_Cleaver

that is my exact problem but i'm trying to figure out if the 40-48 drum will fit my 49. thanks again