Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Help! V8 conversion in a 1954 Chevrolet wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skippycraig, Aug 29, 2009.

1. skippycraig

skippycraig
    from Washington

I bought a nice waxer 54 chev wagon, the only problem is all the running gear is removed and I have a nice 350/350 combo. Is there a simple low cost motor mount / trans mount kit thats a bolt in. On my 52 chevrolet pickup I made my own and they worked great, just want to get this on the rode and not have to engineer everything again. This is my first thread so If I didn't do it right someone let me know thanks, Craig

2. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

I think Trans Dapt has that.?

3. cretin

cretin

Chassis engineering has bolt in motor mounts, but their trans mounts are weld in, but if you made your own before you must have some sort of welding skill.
    www.chassisengineeringinc.com

4. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

5. skippycraig

skippycraig
    from Washington

Thanks for the leads. also what rear suspension is the hot ticket for these cars? I made my own kit in the pickup using Chassis engineering hangers and ram charger front spings that almost run flat. Once again I would like to find a bolt-in kit and get this car on the road, Craig

6. lets see your wagon it sounds cool!

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that walton engineering crossmember looks pretty cool. I believe it bolts in ??

I've never seen one installed in person.. people speak well of them though.

I used chasis engineering motor mounts

8. Why not go over to www.chevytalk.org and visit their forums? Every possible question you can think of has an answer posted in their 1949-54 forum. And that's if you can't also find it with a search here.

IMHO the best bet for a rearend is keep the stock springs and use one of the many rearends that drop in, and if you don't like the ride go to Posies springs. A second gen Camaro rear is damn near a bolt in, as long as you drill new holes for the locator pin which is not centered on the stock spring. This can also be compensated for when using lowering blocks. Fatman will sell you a kit to put a late rearend in and add a sway bar while you're at it, too. And Walton has a kit also, springs, hangers, the works. It pretty much depends what kind of money you want to spend.

9. BEER102

BEER102

Walton was an easy way to go...i sent you a message.

Attached Files: