Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Help Scraping Old Tube Chassis (St. Louis, MO)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JPMACHADO, Jun 16, 2014.

1. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

I am building a new chassis for a car. I have an older tub chassis that I need to get rid of. It's probably around 500# or so of HREW tubing. It's too big to put into the back of my pick up. Does anyone have any advice on who may be willing to come and pick this up for me. I don't know how much it's worth as scrap and if I'd need to pay to have it hauled off or the scrap price would cover that. Thanks in advance

2. pastlane

pastlane

If it's scrap, cut it up. If you don't want to bother, push it outside & hang a "free" sign on it & it will disappear quickly.

3. ebfabman

ebfabman

May help to list your location.....

4. stimpy

stimpy

steel is going for decent prices ( quoted 325 a ton ) so you be letting 90 bucks slip out of your hands , I cut up old roll bars and such down to 24" lengths and load it in the back of the exploder and to the scrap man we go .

5. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

around here its around $10/hundred... give it away or cut it up...its not worth paying a tow truck...

6. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

Found a guy here with a large trailer that did it for free (scrap price covered it). Thanks for all the advice I appreciated it.