Register now to get rid of these ads!

help on my Buick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52 HenryJ, Sep 30, 2007.

1. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

What is the best way to lower my 49 Buick? cut the coils? would rather not heat them as that seems kinda halved ass to me. I know there should be dropped spindles for the front, but where to get them? and is there someone who makes shorter springs for the rear? or should I just have them made? or cut them myself what would you do?

2. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Got the drop springs for my 55 from this company. They were very helpful and received the product when they promised. Just told them what the car was and how much I wanted to drop it.

http://www.springsnthings.com/

3. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

thanks for the help!!! That should take care of the lowering problem were the prices good???

4. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Cheap, about $110 a pair before shipping.

5. for that kinda money sounds chinese to me. hiedes gets 320 for heat treatred MII spindles. Would not want to put a Buick on junk.

6. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

On my 59 I removed them and went to the junk yard and found some that were the size I needed. Cost a whole $25.00 if I remember right. They had shelves full of coil springs. TP