Register now to get rid of these ads!

help needed Identifying aluminum wheels on a 1956 cadillac

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dukes, Dec 18, 2006.

1. dukes

dukes
    from minnesota

i am in the process of buying a 1956 cadillac. It has a set gold colored aluminum rims kinda look like a hurricane style. i think that they are factory but not for sure. would like to know if anyone else has seen these and who made them. i dont have any pics at this time.
    Lucas

2. A little tough without pictures.

3. Ole don

Ole don

What you discribe may be Cadilac Eldorado wheels. A gold colored wheel that was really neat looking.

4. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

5. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

and here's a little more info for you.

6. Whl5658.jpg
    1956 Eldorado.

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

That's great, Richard D gets a photo from a website and thinks he knows what he's talking about, when a few posts before he says it would be hard to do without a photo.

8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Those wheels were known as Sabre wheels, standard on Eldorado, optional on other Cadillacs. They came polished (silver) or gold. They are also now reproduced.

9. McKee

McKee

Yep, Sabre wheels.

10. You're an asshole, I was just trying to help. Do you just hunt for my posts and rag on me? And I thought I was bored!

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Dude I am an asshole, and you're a pain in the ass, nobody has an opinion on everything but you seem to, you just ramble on and on and on about nothing, you might be bored but on top of it all, you're boring.
    Trust me, I'm not the only one who sees your post count proliferating like bacteria in a petri dish as the possible work of a deranged mind.

Can't you sit back and listen?

And I don't hunt down your posts, they virtually unavoidable, like fatasses in sweatpants at Wal Mart, and just as worthless.

Get a life dude.

12. dukes

dukes
    from minnesota

thanks guys those are the wheels any idea on what they are worth i really just want the motor from the car so if anyone needs em let me know

13. Bob Galet

Bob Galet

Grab em up! Theyre pretty valuable. We got two at Hershey for $20 from a guy who didnt know what they were worth. Meanwhile I saw multiple sets for over $400!

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

They're worth a shit load, probably $1000 or more depending on condition. I kick myself in the ass for not buying three of 'em for $150 many years ago at a garage sale, I was thinking he's only got 3.

15. dukes

dukes
    from minnesota

I also have some olds 425 heads and block for sale out of a 66 toronado the heads are all E castings what are they worth

16. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard