Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help me Rat out my 63 OLDS in Arizona

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry67, Apr 11, 2005.

1. torpedo8

torpedo8
    BANNED
    from hell

if this was my car, i wouldnt touch the exterior at all!, no ofence but i think its ugly!!... but ugly cars are fucking bad ass to,
    drop the nastiest engine you can get with a 4 speed

4.56 gear?

it may be a 4 door, but skrew the primer, and get a blower.

much funner to have people stare while yer sideways
    than to laugh at you with rattle canned primer

2. TINGLER

TINGLER

I dig sky high flat black 60's cars too. :D

15" from the rockers to the ground is just about right in my opinion....

Actually, I agree with everyone about the flat black on a 60's car. Your car would look better with some color and lowered. Especially since its a 4 door. I'm not knockin' a 4 door....I'm just saying that 4 doors limit your options to a custom and thats about it.

3. Gassers are a different story, Tingler! I'm not really picturing this guy's ride as a gasser, though. I think station wagons look the best as far as more-door drag cars.

4. torpedo8

torpedo8
    BANNED
    from hell

i wasnt hinting to make it a gasser, it needs to be a sleeper, a wolf in grandmas clothing,
    i would build it up as such so i can hear the people in there 68 camaros with 572ci's say,

"WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST GET SMOKED BY???!!??!"

5. TINGLER

TINGLER

Yeah man, I wasn't thinkin' about more door WAGON drag cars.

There's always exceptions to the rules.

I wasn't saying this guy should make his car a gasser, I was saying the opposite....I'm thinking it should be a KUSTOM all the way. Lowered with some paint. Some WILD paint...

My own car needs to NOT be flat black. I plan on painting it as soon as I can afford it. But it stays a Street Freak forever! I like nosebleeds.

6. TINGLER

TINGLER

Thats not a bad idea either. As a matter of fact, I think everyone is giving some great ideas.

Secret is to just do what YOU want and do it with your whole heart. If you do, I don't care if its pink with daisy's painted on it, people will like it....cause they will see that YOU like it. (and if they don't...screw um)

7. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

O.k., how about this? To keep it in the sixties theme try some Halibrand beans with knockoffs and polished rims. I think American Racing is making a version of these. Plus everyone is using radirs and astros, be different. A little shave here and there. Some flake. Any color, but with a siver top please. Now you have a car that will turn heads. Even if it is a mordoor:)
    And since the car was a "good deal" it would be worth the bread for paint and wheels. Do it! Good luck.-stick

8. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

9. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That's what I'm sayin'!!!! That was a knobby redneck looking car, with that kind of treatment, i'd be something you cruise with your head held high. Would bellflower tips be too early for a '63?

10. lgh1157

lgh1157

In 1 year you are gonna be talking about bagging that MoFo , bellflowers and painting it bright flake green or something like that.

Driving round listening to Cypress hill's first album, yelling at the shorties out the window.

I'll put money on it.

Feel free to Pm me anyone, if he's still on the HAMB , you know im gonna win some money

L ;)

11. lgh1157

lgh1157

Bro that looks cool

L

12. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

Lawrence, what is up dude? Did you move to North Hollywood? Are you going to Paso? PM me I'm going to bed. -stick

13. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

14. lgh1157

lgh1157

Hey Stick,

Im chillin bro, yeah just moved to NH 2 weeks ago. Paso - yeah for sure.
    I've been talking to Donnie about going up, i wanna caravan it, when are you gonna leave ? we should all get together, maybe a bunch of LA/OC Hambers

Talk soon bro

L

15. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Definitly go custom or Grandma will want her car back.

16. Kinky6

Kinky6

I think Bumpstick has given you a great suggestion for the type of car you have. If you want, maybe a different body color, w/ a white or silver flaked roof. I think it was zman who said, with a four-door, you're pretty much restricted to a mild custom, otherwise you can get away from what would be considered a cool traditional style.

If you can, get ahold of some early '60's Rod & Custom or Rodding & Restyling mags off of eBay or some swap meets. After a little research, you'll probably get a sense of what makes a period custom different from a low rider.

Now, if it was a two door hardtop, or better yet, a two-door post, I was going to suggest something else to you, not really a custom, but an early '60's streetfighter. 15" Torque Thrusts, black rubber, dual quads w/ a four speed, dumped a little in front, maybe even raised 2" in the rear, straight chrome tips out the back, plus capped drag dumps behind the front wheels. All white paint job, or maybe red with a white top. That would work with white tuck 'n roll w/ red piping.

Not really a custom, but still sixties cool. Later:cool:

17. outkast

outkast

im with most of these guys slam it put on some ol school rims and some glaas packs drive the "rat shit" out of it!!! im also tired of seein rusty bare metal and flat black!!! if you want suede use a bright base coat with no clear, at least then youve got somethin different than black!!, but now that ive read all your posts i see you dont want to lower it??? well i guess if thats the case then dont do anything else to it becasue its gonna look like crap especially "flat black with flames" sittin stock height!!!

18. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

in my honest opinion, bombing that car flatblack wont make it look better, it looks like a decent old paintjob on now. if you wanna improve the look, maybe flake the top to begin with and get yourself some nice rims?

and just because a car is really low doesnt mean it is a lowrider, unless you got 13" wire rims it wont look like a lowrider if you have like 15" astros or something simular on it... or chrome reverse or what ever...

19. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Dat's what I'm talking about. That looks great, but, it sounds like your on a budget though. That paint is not that fucked up. Put some chrome reverse wheels and if those are white letter tires, keep em and sand them down to shinny whites if possible. HUGE improvement for a few hundred bucks!

20. colorado51

colorado51

Flat black is so 2002! :p

Kerry, we are not trying to be a bunch of ass holes. But we feel strongly about building cars that look correct for their pertictular era.

Your car is a 63, so, lets say someone customized it 65. Do some research to see what these guys were doing around that time.

A 63 Olds is a pretty cool looking car, but its YOUR car, so I guess you can do whatever you want to with it.

21. Mike

Mike

Hi ya Kerry, welcome to the HAMB from another AZ goon.

You should take advantage of Steve's offer of help. He is an evil genius at this custom car thing.

22. Missing Link

Missing Link

Then why the fuck did you ask? If it's the "my car, my way, who cares" attitude you so desperately want to represent then why even create such a post. You got advice. You told us all what you like and what you don't. Apparently that's not good enough. You sound confused all the while travelling down a lonely road looking for the "identity" exit.

As far as getting jumped all over is concerned...this has been extremely mild. In fact, I can't believe you haven't really had your ass handed to you yet.

I would go with the big "43" idea myself. That would really be old skool.

23. 54BOMB

54BOMB

It would be so bad ass, that would be one fun ride! you would make so much money off all the street racing ha ha

24. BLAKE

BLAKE

Since when is 'rat' a verb...?

25. Mutt

Mutt

Maybe he's going to Rat it out to the DMV?

He could always name it Cagney so that he could call it "you dirty rat" in front of people. (Even though the car is more "Lacey" than Cagney)

Mutt

26. lgh1157

lgh1157

true

L

27. Longroof64

Longroof64

I second that!! Or third... or fourth... ummm, yeah... whatever... that photoshop is perfect!! And really the best look you're going to have for that car...

Longroof

28. Kerry67

Kerry67

Thanks for everyones input.....Maybe I'll drop it a couple inches. But, I can't drop it all the way. It does need some rims and tires though.... absolutly. The paint looks better in the picture than it really is. It is very dull, quite a few chips and the guy who had it before me sprayed the top with a can (white) and a few spots on the car. The candy colors are not really my style.....I prefer black, white, silver, etc....
    As for my attitude, I don't get nasty unless someone gets nasty to me. I understand I am a newbie and do not have the knowledge that you guys do but to say I should put my "fat assed" girl and other rude remarks, I think that is uncalled for. We don't even know each other. Besides, we are all into OLD cars, isn't that the important thing ? Even if it is not our particular taste, we should appreciate everybody's ride because it is theirs and they are proud of it and have fun with it. If I do mine flat black or bright green or whatever, hopefully it will be something I dig driving and have fun with. But I like all the suggestions, and ideas......And I hope everyone is having fun razzing the newbie (me). Cheers.......Kerry
    P.S......Anybody got any cool rims /whitewalls for sale ????
    Also, wait til' I ask for advice on my 57 Pontiac......lol

29. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cumbaya m'Lord, cumbaya....

Kerry, you are still better off flaking the roof, it would be bitchin'.

Oh yeah, you suck.

;)

30. Kerry67

Kerry67

Thanks !!!!