Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help me ID some 50's chrome

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Squablow, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Squablow

Squablow

I'm trying to clear out some extra junk from around the shop and while I'm usually really good at IDing trim, this stuff has me stumped. The grille bullet screams Cadillac to me but just doesn't match anything, the headlight bezel might be early 60s and I was sure it was '62 Galaxie but it's not. The pointy thing, is it even from a car? I'm dyin' here. IMG_20140702_203106.jpg

2. The thing at the top is a box end wrench, maybe a snap on 1/2" (or maybe not).

3. Just a guess,but could the piece of trim on the left be from a '63 Ford Falcon Sprint? HRP

4. Squablow

Squablow

It does look a lot like the Falcon front fender trim, but it's die cast and really tall. I've had these pieces forever and they're unique enough where I thought it'd be easy to figure them out, but I don't have a clue.

5. redo32

redo32

The bullet is a1956 Chevy front accessory bumper guard. It sat on top of the guard and had a flat bar that was between the guards and one that curved around the end.

6. alchemy

alchemy

Headlight trim is 67 Chevelle.

7. redo32

redo32

I knew that head light trim was familiar, but I was looking at Impalas & didn't get to Chevelles yet. The trim on the left looks like Ford. Look on the back & see if there is a pt#. Ford numbers can usually be deceifered(sp) for year & model .

8. Squablow

Squablow

Damn, you guys are good. I thought I was the king of identifying shit, that bumper guard has been around here for at least 2 years! Thanks so much for the two ID's.

As for the peak thing, it does have casting numbers on it, it's two pieces, die cast, they both say AADA on them and one has number 2189541 LT and the inner piece says 2189543 I can see from the stained edge that it sat inside of a gasket around the edge, like this was part of a tail light or something. I've tried googling the part numbers but couldn't come up with anything.