Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help me ID my 50's Ford step van?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whisperer, Mar 20, 2008.

1. whisperer

whisperer
    from Bend, OR

I have this very cool old delivery van parked up against the back of my barn, had it for many years. It starts and drives but I still am not positive what year or who made the body. I intend to get it out and driving this summer, you know, take it to swap meets and the like.
    To my best guess it is a '55 (Ford, obviously) but they did odd carry-over stuff in the truck body building shops back then.

This picture is of one exactly like mine, Found it on the net and it is the only other one I've ever seen. Any feedback would be welcome. Also am looking for historical documents.....

Attached Files:

2. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

I have a buddy with a 56 that could be that things twin. he seems to think his was a milk truck (to me it looks like it has bread racks) don't know much about the body company that made the coach but the thought of getting a white uniform and cruising for lonely housewives has crossed my mind a time or two.

3. whisperer

whisperer
    from Bend, OR

Mine is definately a potato chip truck as it still has faint traces of a big Granny Goose on the side. We have nick named it The Goose. Same thing as a bread van though, not a milk truck.

4. if that is the exact same it looks to be a 55' to me. post some pic's. the old ford truck forum guys surely would know.

5. truckdog62563

truckdog62563

That grill was used in 55 and 56 according to the manual. The earlier grill used in 53 and 54 didn't have the "V" in the middle.