Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical HELP/INSTRUCTIONS NEEDED PLEASE - 34 Ford Coupe Window channel kit installation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3day, Mar 22, 2014.

1. 3day

3day
    from UK

I need some help please.

Does anyone please have any instructions or info on installing a Vintique window channel kit on a 34 ford 5 window. I now know why this kit sat in my loft for 20 years! It's gonna go back up there unless someone can shed a little light.

I thought the time was right to finally put some door glass in my car, so i dug out the winder mechanisms, seems simple enough, then opened a Vintique kit full of rubbers, channels and all sorts of other gubbins. The problem is I've never had glass in the car so I don't know what's designed to go where and what parts my doors may or may not be missing. Plus the doors are not the best and have been chopped twice and one is a central door handle and the other is a middle door handle door.

I got the kit at the time knowing i had odd doors. However, door latch-wise i'm running both as front openers, i.e no centre handle, both handles at front. Does that make a difference?

Anyway, I've looked online for some basic instructions, a pdf, some pics... anything really but i've come up with nothing.

Please does anyone have any tips or just some basic instructions on how the components go together and in what order because i'm miffed

thanks

2. challengerman

challengerman

I wish someone would help with this. I got one of those channel kits and have no idea where the rubber bumpers supplied go.I called Mac's and they said they don't know & have no diagrams or pdf's either.As near as I can tell; to answer your question, you need the correct kit for the style of door. - guess I'll look for more posts.