Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help/info sourcing and shipping 57 Buick sill panels down under

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Original57, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Original57

Original57

Can any HAMBers out there help my dilemma?

My 57 Buick Super Riviera is on the hoist with the sill panels cutout. This is the last thing I need to get her on the road. My body man was going to have steel rolled but prefers to get the pressed steel replacement panels if possible.

I have called Cars.Inc (Old Buick Parts) in New Jersey, they can get them in but only after I have paid for them and the guy I spoke to has no idea what they are until they come in and also can't quote shipping to Australia until after I have purchased them. (Shipping could end up costing hundreds, I need to get it right)

Does anyone know if the replacement sills they sell are just rolled steel anyway (which we can do ourselves) or if they are pressed steel reproductions? Also does anyone know if the outer sill goes all the way back to the rear wheel or does it stop at the rear of the door? And.... does anyone know if the inner sill has the crease/fold down the middle as the original does?

Alternatively, can anyone direct me to someone who stocks replacement sills who I can deal with direct to answer all these questions?

Any assistance is very much appreciated.

Sure do wanna get her on the road before another summer passes us by with her sitting in the shed! :)

2. Original57

Original57