Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP!! IDENTIFY THIS SUPER CHARGER! Small Roots style.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joshua Shaw, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Hey you Blower guys, PLEASE help us out.. Do any of you know Who made this Super charger, what size it is, what it came on... and where can I get another!!

***The Engine it is on in these pictures IS NOT what it came on!! It was adapted to it for this application. Also the Intake and all the tubes were hand made, Not original to this unit!!***

It is SMALL!! Maybe only 12" long and 9" wide. I have a normal 4-71 roots style blower and it is a bit BIGGER than this little guy.

Also, it bolts ALL THE WAY THROUGH!!

It was yellow but not sure if it was CATAPILLAR. (I don't think Cat ever supercharged, they always did Injection, and Turbo's)

Thanks.

Joshua Shaw

Attached Files:

2. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Well, I see a lot of ya'll checked it out! Thanks. We found what it was today on line searching.

GMC 3-53

Thanks!

3. Offy 220

Offy 220

Hi Josh,

Yes, 3-53 blower with a special or modified housing. It looks like it has standard Detroit Diesel rotors and gears. I am curious of Miller/Offenhauser engine it is bolted to and how it is driven? Do you know any history/Engine number? I have only seen 71 series blowers used and they were mounted on the side and belt driven.

Offy 220