Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP, has anyone built a 31-33 chevy crew cab before?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goldhunter_2, Jan 23, 2010.

1. goldhunter_2

goldhunter_2

Ok know this sounds strange but I was wondering if anyone else has every build a 1931-33 chevy crew cab pickup or stake body before? if you have do you have drawings with your measurements and pictures I could get copies of??

I know this is not a original restore project and sure someone will scold me but this is what I have wanted for awhile and finally getting around to building it. I picked up a 95 dodge diesel 3/4 ton 4x4 today to use as my parts donor I have been tryng to find a fairly complete body with extra cab for a long time let alone reasonable priced with out much luck and I have decide it going to be cheaper or about the same to build a replica of the body already stretched out for the four doors an chopped top
    I would love (and so would the guy at the shop) to have 3D draws with measurements but I just don't have that type of software . I have pieced together on photo house a cut and paste general picture but was hoping someone else may have some blue print type drawings and /or better close up pictures of one done like this as I will have to work with local shop for sheet metal work and even though I can see it in my head it is pretty hard for me to explain to them

I have attached my cut and paste picture of what I want to build (stop laughing at my artistic skills...lol)

Attached Files:

2. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was thinking about doing the same thing. I sat down and drew many scaled drawings, but was never happy with the proportions. Too long and narrow, box looked too short etc. The kicker was when my wife said it looked like a baby Hummer. Threw it in the garbage and gave up after that. I saw pictures of a 4 door Model A pickup thst was built by the guys that advertise in the back of Street Rodder on ebay and it looked too long and narrow, etc.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  3. goldhunter_2

goldhunter_2

actual the stretched cab like that I thought the same thing "looks like a hummer" ..lol

I did think the same thing about a regular pickup bed , if I used a pickup bed it would only bed 6' long and thought it looked to short so what I finally decide was I am building a longer frame and putting a 14' aluminum rollback type bed on the back that I can drive my airboat up on .. :) I figured the longer bed would compensate for the stretched cab and longer wheel base should make smoother ride or at east that hat I am thinking

4. goldhunter_2

goldhunter_2

you don't happen to still have those scaled drawings do ya?

5. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nope threw em in th trash. I actually bought the 37 chevy sedan roof and quarters I'm building my car out of to be the roof skin donor bought an extra set of unknown doors to reskin as chevy doors. they were longer so I would have a little more room. Now all of that stuff is sitting around waiting to become something else.

Attached Files:

• 099.JPG
      099.JPG
      File size:
      45.2 KB
      Views:
    • 243b.jpg
      243b.jpg
      File size:
      123.6 KB
      Views: