Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP, early Chevy p/u question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wrenchbender54, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Can anyone tell me what the differences are in the early 30's Chev pickup cabs? I've got an oportunity to buy a (rough) cab, but I'm not sure what year it is. No, I haven't got any pics. The owner claims it's a '33. But I thought I'd seen pics of a '31, that looked the same. It's very boxy, has a built in visor, a solid top, and 2 body lines that go around beltline. It had a wood frame, but that's all rotted away, and it's now a pile of parts. There's a tag on the passengers side of the firewall, but it's too rusted to read. For all I know, it might not even be a chevrolet. Anyone have a pic of the original gauge set up? Just want to figure out what it is before I shell out the dough and bring it home.

2. squirrel

squirrel

3. squirrel

squirrel

The 46 parts book is a bit skimpy on those early 31-33 truck parts....but...windshields are different, door and back glass are the same, floor board parts are the same, so my guess is that the 31 and 33 would look pretty much the same....

4. Kool, thanks for the input.

5. BISHOP

BISHOP

I have to ask, what are you going to give for it.

6. Sorry, that's Super Top Secret. But I will tell you that the guy I'm buying it from picked it up at Fall Jefferson, here in Wis. The windshield had a price of $600 on it. He didn't tell me what he paid for it, but the original seller was tired of taking it from swap meet to swap meet. So he picked it up at a discount. He's selling it to me for what he paid, plus a little (it took some gas $$ to get it home, if nothing else).

7. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

8. squirrel

squirrel

I found some pics of a 32 in a book

Attached Files:

9. Thanks for the pics squirrel. From the looks of it, there's a chance it might be a '32. From everything I've found so far, there isn't much difference in these trucks from 31-33. Once I get it home, I'll snap some pics and post them. All I have is the cab and hood, but the price was right.

10. dmarsich

dmarsich
    from Wisconsin

hey i live in the dells and have two of these trucks that I am going to make into one. I have a 1932 & a 1933. Let me know if you get the truck I may have some parts for you that I am not going to use. Also there is a great 1933 chevy pickup rat rod on ebay right now. It is silver and looks GOOD! you don't see many of these trucks around.

11. OK, I finally have time to get these pics posted. Like I said, it's ROUGH. The cowl is in good shape, the rest of it is good enough for patterns. Can anyone tell what year it is? From the style of the cab, roof, and hood sides, it about has to be a '32 or '33. Any guesses?
    I have all of the pieces for the cab and hood, but my battery went dead before I got pictures of everything.

Attached Files:

Model T1 likes this.
  12. HEMIHUNTN

HEMIHUNTN
    from cen cal

That looks like a 31 or 32 cab.

13. squirrel

squirrel

I guess I missed the pics?

anyways, the VIN has OD in it, and OD is the model for a 1933 1-1/2 ton dual wheel truck. That's as close as I can get to figuring out what it is.

Model T1 likes this.
  14. jason henslee

jason henslee
    from Vernon tx

I know this is an old post, but are there any 33 parts laying around? I'm searching for a hood, grill, radiator shroud and such

15. jason, what year, 33?
    the trucks had the prior year parts on them. so a 33 truck would have a 32 pass car grill (steel not brass) 32 hood...

16. jason henslee

jason henslee
    from Vernon tx

Cab I have is a chevy 33 od series