Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP, Check out this willys.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trailer-Ed, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

they look just like my buddys IH cab,,,cant remeber what year his is though? 40/41 i think....

[​IMG]

2. The windshield comes to a point like international (you can see it clear as day in the blower motor pic in his ebay write up)....and a willys is a flat windshield...at least it has leg room with the international cab....its not a willys...cool lookin'truck tho...John

3. that trucks bitchin sam..

4. premium

premium
    from Goergia

theres no way this dick lips could sue any one. report his dumb ass!!

5. theres no way i would throw down 36 stacks for that .. but im sure somebody will..

6. Hillbilly Werewolf

Hillbilly Werewolf

Not to be a shallow dick, but to be a shallow dick, look at what this guy has been buying lately. nutisystem chocolate biscotti? From Ebay? ewwwww....

but seriously... The truck looks good. apart from the warpage on the lower cowl. oh and the fact that it has a cowl. not so willys-esk.

7. fat141

fat141

Mate even from down here it's a K and KB series Inter.Made between 1940-1949.AINT NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.:D
    Information source...International Pickup and Scout by Tom Brownell.
    Foremost authority on old trucks

8. My guess is someone sold it to him as a '41 Willys, title says '41 Willys, must be a '41 Willys.

I wonder if this theory could make my rustfree '27 T coupe into a '32 5w AG clone just by buying a fancy title....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

That like the 48 Ford I was building. I ended up selling the nose.

Attached Files:

10. JimSibley

JimSibley

I just sent him an email as well. Hey, lets all send him one.

11. Weasel

Weasel

Not a Willys, not in a million years and a plastic fake Willys nose doesn't make it even close. However, if you read the item description, he does not mention the word Willys anywhere except in the title and subtitle, which was either cleverly or fortuitously (for him) linked with the word 'clone'. That he listed it under Willys is clearly misleading, but you would have to prove that he intended deceit. The use of the word 'clone' is questionable and it would be subject to legal interpretation.

You can make a career out of policing eBay and being the public conscience. While this may be very public spirited, ultimately eBay is a microcosm of life, so the rule 'caveat emptor' - buyer beware - applies. If you believe, as would seem to be the case, that the item description is misleading, if not downright deceptive, then simply report this to eBay Safety Harbor. By doing so you avoid conflict with the seller and eBay will probably pull the auction. Problem solved.

12. JimSibley

JimSibley

The guy replied to me. His message was simply, "Thanks".

13. moparron426

moparron426

I sent him a Email letting him know that we thought it was a International cab and sent him some pics of some willys PUs and he wrote back very nicely with thanks for letting him know what we thought it was,when he bought it it had the willys title. he now can see the differences with the cab. he seams like a OK guy now, maybe he just took the first emails the wrong way. Ron....