Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help...Best Window Glass Sealant?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rot'nRodder, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Rot'nRodder

Rot'nRodder

Im installing new windshiled seals in the front and back windows on my shoebox. The instructions that came with the Dennis Carpenter Repro seals are a reprint from 1980 and tell you to use Ford Rubber Cement part number 8A-19552. I can't seem to find this stuff.

Does anyone have good recomendations for sealing the window to the Rubber Seal???

Also are you supposed to use anykind of sealant between the rubber seal and the body. The instructions do not tell me to do so.

I've looked and have not found much on the topic. THANKS!!

2. painkiller

painkiller

3. Paul2748

Paul2748

I would use sealant between the body and the rubber seal just to be safe. I did it on my 48 and have no leakage problems.

4. Do Not even consider 3-M bedding compound. I used that crap for years. and I'm still have them coming back. stuff breaks down and turns to chalk in less than a year
    On a ford with stainless trim doesn't really need sealant between the rubber and body. no stainless I use a butyl based windshield sealant on the body side. and Ureathane between the glass and rubber.