Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. O'Banan

O'Banan

IMG_20200124_185411_01.jpg Hello everyone! I'm 30 years old, and have loved old hot rods all my life. My first car was a 1953 Chevy 5 window long bed pickup, with a 235 6 in it. I have to admit that at that point I had little interest in the straight 6. Being 14 I wanted a V8. It wasn't until my dad opened his custom hotrod shop that I began to appreciate the straight 6. Which is why I am here. I am no stranger to forums, and I have been reading this one almost every free moment I have for the past week. I recently purchased a 1966 ChevyI (I know it is one year newer that the rules state and if I can't post I understand) it has a 230 inline six in it, and this site has been my biggest help in my journey of restoration. I would love to hear from any of you if you have any advise for me, or if you are in the Phoenix area and know of any good machine shops or bone yards that have parts for these motors. The honest truth is I have been reading the forum only because I know Myst questions I have are already answered, but I was looking through the classifieds and one of the things said don't trust anyone with zero posts so I thought I would introduce myself. Have a great one!

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. Welcome to the HAMB. I Love Chevy 2's! Enjoy your HAMB time. :) Ron.....

3. GarageJedi

GarageJedi

I am currently working on a 53 gMC 5 window that had the 235 with the 4 speed manual. It is also a long bed. Good luck with your project.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

31hotrodguy likes this.