Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello to the board

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by VirgilHilts, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Been lurking a while enjoying the scene here.

Stu's the name. I'm not exactly a true rat rodder by nature but I am a car guy who is sick of blister packaged solid billet BS that pervades our hobby. I respect and enjoy the traditional backyard custom true "craftsmanship" of rods and street machines. I do own a flatty Ford but it's the 4 in my 1950 Ford 8N tractor which are cousins to a Model A motor;).

I'm cheap as hell and if I can build it or fashion it from household objects and parts lying around I'd do to save a buck and keep it from the corporate pap smears that just want to put it in their monthly forecast sheets:mad: .

My main expertise is 60's Mustangs and '64 Mercs but I'll turn my hand to most anything if I like it.

Current project is a basket case '67 Mustang Coupe I saved from the crusher. No 100 resto here to line up with all the other pretty MCA Mustangs with their grease pencil marks and correct overspray. Original plan is to do a TA replica but with anything I can scavenge from other cars and junkyard parts to keep it an affordable toy that makes lots of noise!

See ya around. Stu

2. Welcome from another newbie