Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello out there

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by CanUFelix, Jan 30, 2009.

1. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

Just want to say Hi,

Couple of the guys I work with clued me in on the H.A.M.B a year or so ago and I find myself wasting work hours here more and more. So finally got off my arse and became a member.

I'm from Newcastle in the UK and have loved this culture since i was a nipper, now living in Venice CA with a fairly eclectic bunch of old americam iron. Gotta say man, it's paradise. first place i ever lived where non of my cars need windshield wipers (good job cos none of them work).

Any how I've got a real soft spot for the masters. Barris, Roth, Starbird, Winfield and all were my hero's as a kid and the imagery of the Fink and friends is a big part of why my prized possesion is my '63 Hearse. I'll post some pics in a gallery when I get a chance.

Until then, Hi out there, glad to be here.

Felix

2. Philbilly

Philbilly

3. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Felix, Hello & Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas.

Lucky667

4. Tim G

Tim G

Welcome Felix!

how long you been left the UK?

are you really a matchbox designer by trade?

5. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

Yep, I'm head of design for Matchbox. been out in California for 5 years now and I love it. Certainly a long way removed for Newcastle. Work closely with the Hotwheels team too.........I guess I'm a lucky son of a bitch.

6. Welcome from Denton, Texas! You are a lucky SOB, what a kick ass job!

7. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome to the Hamb from another former Brit.

I design car parts to, mostly 1:1 scale though:D

8. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

Nice to be here guys! Was on my way to doing 1:1 after college when I landed a Job with Hotwheels and realised I had a knack for toys. Maybe one day I'll make a living out of the real thing but for now the toys pay for my toys if ya know what I mean.....plus I'm being well schooled by some of the older guys here. I get to meet some of my greatest hero's once in a while...