Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from outside St. Louis, MO

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by jackalope, Mar 11, 2011.

1. jackalope

jackalope

I have been a lurker on the board off and on for the last year. More time spent drooling over everyone's rides and waiting to find one of my own. I finally found a donor for my son and I to play with. It is a 1928 Model A 2door sedan. I chopped it last week and am pluggin' away at it when time permits.
    A little about me since that is apparently required to play here. I am just a plain fella with A.D.D. and lots of projects. I am in health care but I have a small machine shop and welding shop. I have been "playing" with metal for 10yrs or so. Got most of my experience in off road vehicles, etc. but I have always wanted a rod to work on. Now that I have one, I am having a blast. I will try to get a pic on here of what the old girl looks like now.

Grant

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  2. Hello and welcome to the H.A.M.B. her from up north in central Iowa!

3. toolman1967

toolman1967

Welcome from Southern Illinois. Working on a 49 F1 with my son also. He is 17 and still thinks I know something.

4. Dennis D

Dennis D

Welcome from another St. Peters resident. Dennis D

5. jackalope

jackalope

Thanks fellas!

Dennis, Where might ya live?

Grant

Attached Files:

6. Dennis D

Dennis D

PM sent Dennis D

7. ironpile

ironpile

Welcome from Carrollton.................Il.

8. moffetkustoms

moffetkustoms
    from granby, mo

Welcome from SW Missouri. Lots of great info here. Enjoy the ride, it's awsome!!

9. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Hey from Tennessee

10. Welcome from Kansas nieghbor. Enjoy the mess.

11. freeflynstl

freeflynstl

Glad to see another local guy joining up. I'm a city dweller myself but work out your way.

Andy from STL

12. Welcome from down I-70 a bit.

13. duck279

duck279
    from SC

Im pretty new here too but its a good place.

14. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome aboard and keep us posted with the Sedan progress.

15. jackalope

jackalope

I am not sure if this is the right place to post or not. My project got side-lined due to day job getting in the way. Anyway, I made a little progress.

The following pics just show an additional chop on the top. The "original" chop was shoddy at best. I wanted to retain the height of the rear window so I sectioned it and still chopped the remainder 2 more inches.

I also chut up the Pete n Jakes frame but chose to retain the suspension provided with it (triangulated 4 link front/rear). The only downside is the loss of cab height due to the floor boards but I knew this going in. Being 5'6" gives me some literal wiggle room.

The frame was lengthened 5" and dropped 4". I hope the pics are legible. Anyway, I hope this shows and am learning along the way.....Never done this before:eek:

Attached Files:

16. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

17. jackalope

jackalope

Thanks. I really wish I knew more about what parts go with what. Never was "around" the rodding scene. Not a gearhead but can make or machine anything I would ever need so I got that goin' for me.

I have a lot of questions and I think if I just got an up close look at a few rides I could figure out what I need to do.

Anyway, thanks and hope to learn more as time permits.

Grat\nt

18. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

Looks great, have fun from Willow Springs.

19. 60 ford

60 ford

Cool car, welcome from Indiana.

20. brushape

brushape

Nice car! Welcome from springfield mo:cool:

21. jackalope

jackalope

Just signed up and thanks for the invite! Here is a pic from Sunday's roof dismount! The person that had the roof on did a crappy job as there was pigeon $hit welds holding on a mismatched roof with sunroof. A lot of good metal underneath.

I am thinking I may start a thread on here one of these days with "progress" pics. My only concern is I cannot knock out progress like most of the fellas on here. My time is limited. Anyway, I may start a thread and add as I get to each phase.

Think that'll fly?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012