Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello From Colorado

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by BashingTin, Aug 3, 2010.

1. BashingTin

BashingTin

Hi Folks,

My name is David and I live in Fort Collins, Colorado.

I do a fair job of impersonating a machinist and welder. At least I've managed to fool most people so far. I'm slowly but surely building up some tools for metal shaping. I have crazy dreams of making fenders, hoods and other body parts. My wife doesn't understand yet, but she will when she gets to ride in it someday. :cool:

I sure love this place you good people call the HAMB. I'm not an old-time hot rodder like most of you, so I won't pretend I know anything. With your help, I can always learn. I am getting old though..... :rolleyes:

I recently took a 21 hours straight two-way trip to Portales, New Mexico to pick up most of a 1958 392 Hemi engine (I realized on the trip I'm not as young as I used to be :eek:). I managed to pick up everything but the block. I know, not having the block is a big deal, but not impossible to find. I hope not!

My plan was to drive down, get the parts, and then take a nap on the side of the road before heading back. Well, I was so fired up from my find, I couldn't sleep! So I pushed through and brought it all back to Fort Collins in one long breath.

The engine parts I found had been hiding in the basement of an old house for almost 40 years. Found them on Craig's List under the "Garage Sale" adds of all places, right next to housewares, furniture and children's clothing. Just proves this stuff is still out there. :D

Someday I hope to put the engine in a 30-31 Model A closed cab pickup. I think I'll start my project by building an engine. Of course with the help of the HAMB, and Scooters amazing and comprehensive "Hemi Tech" section! :)

Take care all!

David

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  2. welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Arkansas City, KS.

firstnomad

3. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

David welcome to the HAMB from Okla

4. Welcome from Arkansas...

5. rexrogers

rexrogers

Welcome from Loveland, a lot of great car guys in this area. if you make down to Loveland and have some time swing by the shop and i can give you the nickel tour.

6. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from Colorado Springs

7. Howdy Neighbor!

8. choptvan

choptvan

welcome from the springs.

9. 117harv

117harv

Welcome to the HAMB, it sounds like you have a bad case of the sickness, marathon drive to get a hemi, you'll fit right in.

10. mike1951

mike1951
    from Colorado

welcome from the springs

11. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Welcome from Nebraska. I spend quite a bit of time around your area.

12. fat tire

fat tire

Welcome From FoCo! You should head out to the show on Saturday in Old Town.

Josh...........

13. BashingTin

BashingTin

My wife and I go every year. I have no excuses. The show is only one block from my house! :p

14. big bad john

big bad john

Welcome from wisconsin

15. tommythecat79

tommythecat79

Welcome from a fellow Colorado Hemi Owner. 1956 354 Hemi in a 30 model A Coupe well someday it will be right now its in a thousand pieces.

16. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from a Milwaukee native!