Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Boringham Alabama!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by oldtruckadmirer, Dec 7, 2009.

1. oldtruckadmirer

oldtruckadmirer

Hey guys( and gals ), my name is Andy and I am of course new here. I have been reading many threads for a while now and love a lot of what I have seen. This is a great site! The tech, history, art, and general atmosphere are some of the best I have seen on car forums. I frequent a few custom,niche, and vehicle specific sites and the level of maturity on some make me sick( probably being due to the age of many of the members ).

I got interested in cars through Minitrucks and car audio, but have always loved early to mid fifties Ford and Chevy trucks. Have developed a love for models older and newer since and look back fondly at my memories of my families old Hotrod calenders and programs from eighties World of Wheels type shows( many having Barris rods as attractions ).

I may not entirely fit with the traditional rods favored by this site, but love to read and learn from many arenas of the automotive world. I have glanced over tech articles and general post on this site for a while now. These have often inspired me with ideas I could at least tweak to fit my applications.

I am fairly easy going and the last thing I am interested in is being a problem to other members. On other forums I frequent I try to chime in when I can encourage or assist...that is about it. No reason to bother others because arguing on the internet is pointless.

I look forward to continued reading as this is a quick moving site and in the random chance that I can contribute, look forward to doing so.

2. jd55f100

jd55f100
    from alabama

welcome to the H.A.M.B. I live in Sylvan Spring what part of Bessemer are you from

3. oldtruckadmirer

oldtruckadmirer

Rock Creek/Oak Grove area.

4. Mr.OldSkoolKustom

Mr.OldSkoolKustom
    from Washington

I'm New too. Welcome To the H.A.M.B. Seattle/Tacoma Washington

Mr. O

5. k9racer

k9racer

Welcome from huntsville. A long time ago I lived in the smoke city area in Crumley Chapel about 3 miles from pratt city......... Bobby...

6. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Welcome from South Georgia :D

7. jd55f100

jd55f100
    from alabama

i live off rock creek road real close to 269

8. 343w

343w

Welcome to the Hamb OTA, just hang-out and enjoy the ride buddy! It's all good.

9. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Hi Andy,welcome from Scotland.

10. richie rebel

richie rebel

hey andy nice intro welcome.richie

11. Scarynickname

Scarynickname
    from Toney, Al

Welcome and howdy from Toney Alabama

12. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Welcome from Ranburne. I prefer the World of Wheels at the BJCC to the one in Atlanta.
    But Atl. does have the Varsity for afterwards.

13. 33films

33films

welcome, i am in bessemer as well