Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from a VERRRRRRY cold MN!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by russellmn, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Hey everyone, I'm Russell. I've lurked here for years off and on. Closest thing to a hot rod I have right now is a lowered beater S10 I got for $500. I built a nice RPU a couple years ago, but had a guy offer me more for it than I had in it so it was gone and I was calling for a ride home! :D

I've been doing Jeeps and rock buggies for years and still love working with them. Hope to do something for a cruiser soon.

2. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Russell, Hello & Welcome to the HAMB from 'Tropical' South Texas.
    Have you seen the thread about S10's, it's long and loads slowly. Lots of info there.

Lucky667

3. Mark Lester

Mark Lester

Hey there, welcome from Idaho! If you’re ever in our neck of the woods stop by and say hello.
    Mark Lester

4. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

HEY from Oklahoma......

5. Haven't seen it? Do you have a link? Did a quick search and didn't find it, any suggested search terms? "S10" brings up pages and pages of threads.

6. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Welcome to the HAMB. Got any pics of the roadster you built?

7. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Welcome from Corcoran, where it is very cold too.

Doug

8. Welcome from North Texas, not really tropical here, it was freaking 15 degrees this morning.

9. I wish I did, I sold it pretty much immediately after I finished it... in fact I had a whole 12 miles on it!!!

10. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Don't you hate when you do that? Done it myself.

11. Yup, sure do! But, how often can a home builder claim to actually MAKE money building hot rods!

12. Hey, I was born in Duluth, is it still cold there? Welcome from St. Louis.

13. You, me (68 years ago tomorrow) and Bob Dylan. Yep, still cold....20 below this morning. Balmy compared to last week. :)

Welcome, Russell.

14. My49Plymouth

My49Plymouth

how's the paper mill hanging in there?

15. dodgeboy

dodgeboy

I dont envy you,Its cold here in Indiana too!, Just not nearly as cold!

16. Happy birthday JohnnyFast! Can your old body even get into that T???
    49, the paper mill is still operating, both Duluth and Cloquet, but they've both been sold to overseas companies. Potlatch (Cloquet) is now SAPPI (South American Pulp Products Inc) and Duluth is now StoraEnso, though rumors have them being sold again.

Oh yeah, and it's fairly nice out the last couple days!

17. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

WELCOME!
    Cold is a state of mind. and if you dont mind me saying its cold (also) here.
    ENJOY THE HAMB!!!
    Slim

18. I'm still spry as hell for an old goomer. One thing I can't (or won't) do is crawl around under a dashboard. One of my projects on that thing is to make all the instruments and wiring accessible enough that I can work on it while sitting upright in the seat. :)

19. Gimme a hollar if you ever want some help! I'm just down the road ya know!