Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Helix corner killer suspension

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rotndawg, Sep 22, 2015.

1. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Whatever you do...
    Cut that HELIX CRAP out of there and put in ANYTHING ELSE.
    We don't want to see a fellow HAMBER on the news...

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If Steve has one to fit this truck THAT is what you want.

need louvers ? likes this.
  3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

What do they say, 'Caveat Emptor', buyer beware!

4. F-head

F-head

mabee it should be called customer killer instead of corner killer
    B

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On the Jag front and rear, it's more like the 80's and 90's
    Here is a shot I saved of an 80 something XJ front end under another guy's Advanced Design Chevy for my reference for my truck. This one has all the extra stuff removed from it and can easily fit a wider TF Chevy or F100 frame. Plus it comes off a 4000 lb+ car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mounting surface to mounting surface on the hubs is 59 1/2 while the mounting surface on my stock axle is right at 58- 3/8
    [​IMG]
    Not a lot of difference and keeps the wheels nicely under the truck but now way in there like an S-10 does.

need louvers ? likes this.
  6. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

My response is not directed at the OP, but I see posts on here all the time - guys asking where they can buy shocks, steering, brakes, etc as cheap as possible. One post asked "where does Pete&Jakes get their shocks - they want too much money, so I want to go around them for a cheaper deal..."
    Good engineering and fabrication takes money and time. There are at least four really great American companies building stuff for early cars and trucks, with long standing reputations. Buy cheap - get cheap.
    Oh, and how about keeping at least some Americans working?

Tman, Oldb, gimpyshotrods and 3 others like this.
  7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

A perfect example of that.
    The hidden in a Buick style drum cover disc brake kit designed and sold by Paul at Deuce Manufacturing- soon to be The Hot Rod Brake company.
    When he first designed the brake kit he had So-Cal Speed shop as his sole distributor.
    Then So-Cal decided that they could do it cheaper and had the kit knocked off and produced in Taiwan etc.
    And , So-Cal has the nerve to advertise the brake kit as a "So-Cal exclusive".

Well, guess what, Paul still makes the brakes and does a better job of it with top quality made in the USA parts, as well as better quality of materials and manufacturing techniques.
    Who would you rather buy your brake kit from ?

http://www.deucemanufacturing.com/products.html

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  8. raymond nation

raymond nation

I bought the same front end rebuilding 1948 f1 put front in and started to build a hot rod .1year in i walk to garage and the front end is 6 inch of the ground . i have a 454bbc i told at them what motor i had they said the springs would be fine call them and said that was the only spring they had a could not help me what a great company. never again R aymond