Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Heater I.D. Help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratty_aussie, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Can anyone help me I.d. this heater?
    Thanks.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1468481721.806893.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1468481743.275873.jpg

2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Worked on a '39 Dodge with one of these, but doubt it's a Chrysler Corp. part. Possibly a Ha Dees ???

ratty_aussie likes this.
  3. Just googled them and no luck.

4. Possibly an early Studebaker

5. Most likely one of the many brands of aftermarket accessory available in the '30s and '40s. Few cars or trucks built before WWII had a factory installed heater. Even the "correct" heater for a particular make and model was a dealer installed option. Most optional equipment back then was dealer-installed. Most people bought one of the many brands of aftermarket heaters instead of buying one from the car dealer. The heater in my truck is a Hot Wave brand. If you look at unrestored original cars of the '30s and '40s and cars of that vintage that have been sitting in junkyards a long timd. you will find more with one of the many brands of aftermarket heaters than you will with the correct original heater.

302GMC likes this.