Register now to get rid of these ads!

Heartland USA

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by mark brock, Jan 21, 2013.

1. mark brock

mark brock
    from Kansas

South east Kansas is cold today, thinking about my winter project that I had hoped was well on its way by now, I'm wanting some thoughts, on upgrading a 1939 Chevy pickup, all original, been driving it as is for a long time, but thinking about a frame swap, it rides like a lumber wagon, ( the way its supposed to), goes where it wants to and give you no warning where that is when you step on the brakes, as a rule I like to keep my old cars original, but heard some discussin on the web about the S10 chassis swap being fairly easy, do weighing my odds as to which direction, my 39 business coupe is original, drives and rides real smooth, tight steering and breaks, I've a 37 two door sedan that I put IFS front, nova rear, 350/350 so accustome to both aspects, what are your thoughts on the S10, my neighbor has one that he wants to sell for $1000, 1999 long bed, I've no problems with fab work, have a plasma, wire welder, torch, etc. thoughts ?

2. jesse1980

jesse1980

It would be a lot safer and more comfortable, that's for sure.

3. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

Welcome from Oklahoma!

4. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

5. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

Mark, Welcolm from So.Cal., good luck with your project whichever way you decide to go!

6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Welcome from Arkansas. If you're in SE Kansas, you're close enough to make the Stray Kat 500 in Dewey, OK the first weekend in May!

7. Welcome from Kansas City, post some pics of your project!

8. Hello from SEK

9. dad-bud

dad-bud

Welcome to the HAMB.
    As for your question about whether to swap the frame for one from an S-10 - head on over to the main Message Board, you'll get a lot more opinions over there, as this is just the Introductions Page.
    Cheers.

10. KsFlatlander

KsFlatlander

Welcome from Doo-Dah or the ICT.