Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs headlight idea. good or bad?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassersteve, Feb 15, 2013.

1. I was looking for something a little out of the normal frenched light for my 1950 chevy styleline deluxe.

What would you say to a 1954 corvette headlight style bucket

[​IMG]

2. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

i think it would look strange.

3. It would probably look good but I'm betting if you find them they are going to be expensive!

Plus you are going to have to be real creative with your bodywork.HRP

4. I think it would look too much like the "euro" style headlights everyone had to have on their "gold chainer street rods" back in the 90's

5. i think it would probably look good, but only if the hood was sectioned. i think by laying the fender back, the hood is going to be too big.

6. 6-71

6-71

There is a Chevy like yours in the St.Petersburg Fl. area with the corvette headlights.I don't have pictures,but have seen it at Biff burger and quaker steak and lube cruise nights. It is a real nice car,but I agree,the lights look a little out of place.

7. The way i see it, if you start with something out of the norm in one area you have to do things through out the rest of the body. To just do that on a stock body, won't cut it. My 2 cents.