Register now to get rid of these ads!

Header help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JaceEdward, Jul 4, 2011.

1. JaceEdward

JaceEdward

I cannot figureout the name of these type of fenderwell headers. Ive tried looking up split headers, y headers, etc. cant come up with the right word. so what are they really called?

[​IMG]

2. JaceEdward

JaceEdward

heres a picture

Attached Files:

3. chriseakin

chriseakin

They look like four-into-one fenderwell headers but without a better view you can't really tell. They could be the four into two into one type (tri-Y) but they look more like four into ones.

4. damnfingers

damnfingers

Are you looking them up to buy them? Or do you just need a name? (I can't help either way). :D

5. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Doug's Headers and Hooker Headers come to mind. Those are fenderwell headers on their web-sites.

6. Deuces

Deuces

Posting a few more pictures of the car wouldn't hurt either.. Hint, hint..... :)

7. badshifter

badshifter

Fender well headers for a "55/56/57" chevy with a "283/327/427/454/235" in it. I googled fenderwell headers and came up with About 110,000 results<nobr> (0.12 seconds) .
    </nobr>

8. JaceEdward

JaceEdward

Ok so what i am kinda looking for is the specific word for headrers that split of... one that dumps into the exaust and mufflers, and one part where you can actually uncork the caps to have open headers.
    Did i make my self more clear or do i have to explain it differently?

9. I think you are talking about some cut outs.They can be made as I did on my Stude by capping off factory flange,cut hole in collector in an area compatable with exhaust clearance so you can run it to the muffs. Pm me I have some good shots of mine. R~R

10. They are just Fenderwell headers. We make those headers for Tri 5's with a standard collector. How you run the exhaust from there is up to you. You just weld a tube off the back side if you want to keep the end of the collectors free to remove caps. Some guys do it that way, others run the exhaust off the end of the collectors and then move it out of the way when they uncork them.
    I don't know anyone that make then with an exhaust stub coming off the collector - it's up to you to come up with your own, all part of Hot Rodding