Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAZARDOUS HOLIDAY Displays (O/T?)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rooster, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Rooster

Rooster

Just a note in line with those who've lost friends on the roads and such. Accidents can happen ANY time.

Be especially Wary of Holiday display Gawkers. This may not be such a problem in town where speed limits are low and I know we all enjoy it but in the country it can be a nuisance and/or hazard to traffic.
    There's a local group of neighboring country homes who've gotten CRAZY about Holiday decorations covering all manner of crap they have thought to stick in their yards, the one even has a carousel!!! And this encompasses about 3 acres!!! It's just MAD!!!

And Now I'M MAD too!!!! After some ASSWIPE pulled out in front of us, my wife Kids and self tonite and I was unable to avoid collision! Scuffed the F-150's bumper quarter and BROKE his rear axle, while ripping the headlight and RF fender OFF my daily, got the door, mirror etc... totally missed the bumper tho it ripped the cover off the end. Broke my axle, ctl arm etc... DAMNIT, it's Not bad enough to total!!!

Tell your Family and Freinds how you feel about them often, and Always be wary for complete IDIOTS!!!!

In this season of lighterd distractions, even if your watchin the road, it may be about too late when you can pick tail lights out the yard lights.

Let's be Careful out there...

2. autocol

autocol

[ QUOTE ]
    DAMNIT, it's Not bad enough to total!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

don't you HATE that!?

3. good post....this is no shit.....To HELL WITH RUBBERNECKIN'
    LOOKY-LOOIN' bastards.....
    like those jack asses on the freeway that slow from 75 to 50 so they can gather every detail from an accident on the side of the road as they pass by in a few seconds, unaware that they are about to cause their own little accident for others to look at....they should be pulled over, taken out of their cars and beaten with a bamboo cane!

4. Kustm52

Kustm52

Damn, Rooster, sorry to hear that. Didn't you know a local wrecker operator that could help you out with the total? You know, one of those, oh shit, the cable slipped kinda deals... [​IMG]!

Brian

5. Rooster

Rooster

Haha! Funny you should mention that Brian!
    I asked him to strap it on as loosely as possible!
    And if he still had the damn thing when he got to the yard,
    if he could back it in Real Fast and misjudge the distance to the back wall!!!
    Told him I'd make it worth his while if it was good an wasted when I came to
    check on it Monday!
    It's just irritating as hell tho.
    And I gotta wonder if in this age of CarFax, if my Limited production performance veh.
    is worth a damn Thing now despite it's completely rebuildable condition?
    They're Not gonna total it for a fender-bender!
    I feel a need for Compensatory Damages here if I'm gonna hafta keep what's essentially
    "Damaged Goods"
    even after repairs are made!!!

6. Bugman

Bugman

Another one of the reasons why my feelings of christmas can be sumed up in two words.

Bah Humbug
    -Bugman Jeff