Register now to get rid of these ads!

Have you ever taken your wife

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indygasser, Dec 10, 2010.

1. willmtr

willmtr
    from Alabam

The last time I ticked the wife off, my piss smelled like antifreeze.:D

2. fat141

fat141

I'd take my wife anywhere ............ behind the door, on the table .....welllll , you know

Rod

3. gohst58

gohst58
    from dallas

sure, many times, she doesn't get it, but she understands:rolleyes:

4. gf for almost 12 years ..wants to go more than i do..

swap meets ? she runs parts back to the car and finds more stuff i missed that i end up buyin.. she is the greatest

ask anyone who has seen us at swaps early... don't know another guy that has got it like i do

i always ask fellas where there sig.other is ????? they grumble about barely gettin out of the house.....

she tracked down ,bought a stock pair of taillites for my 50 chev. sed del. from a guy who still had em?....... after i had put off callin for 5 years only the second set i have ever seen..

she has found all the auctions /ads that my best cars came from
    will get me out of bed to show me auctions with potential stuff..

she gave me a 29 model A for xmas a few years back as a surprise gift

we just built 40x40 garage for adding to the 25+ car list her idea to go bigger

we just dismantled her heated upholstery shop to put my new mercedes in..

always ready to go to car shows,races or just cruizen

she has no sister

we are together almost constantly 24-7

CANNOT THINK OF WHY I'D EVER COMPLAIN...but i do sometimes cuz i ain't to smart

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  5. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Do ya have a sister???

6. Our very FIRST date, I took her to a motorcycle swap meet on the back of my rigid Panhead with just a lick-n-stick seat on the back fender....that was 14 years ago & she's STILL around.

7. swsimon

swsimon

We are together 30+ years and i can count on one hand the number of times she has gone with me to anything car or motorcycle related. She tells me thats what i have friends for. She's a keeper!

8. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

Very well put!! :D

9. howco

howco

Yep, she gets a little wierded out, but she goes if I ask her to...........
    I am blessed...

10. rdemilt

rdemilt
    from so florida

Thats darn funny

11. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Sorry, my wife has NO interest in going to a junk yard....but I did take her to Carlise Summer flea market...3 times in one day.....her first, her last, and her ONLY trip there.....stan

12. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

my wife would never set foot any a junk yard but she likes doing the flea markets!
    its better that way she cant bitch about what i am going to buy!

13. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I've taken my wife to a junk yard, and I've taken her in a junk yard.

Haven't really thought about taking her to one in a few years though. She runs the swap meet with me every month, so that covers the "old rusty parts" participation.

-Brad

14. ejsands

ejsands
    from Upstate NY

I wish my husband was as enthused to go to the junk yard as you all are. I haven't been to one in so long... I used to go all the time back in the day. I guess that's what I get for marrying someone who's not a "car guy", lol.

15. easttown

easttown

My wife goes with me often,infact she helped me remove a gas tank last week at a wrecking yard. She is a real trooper,and looks like a model,so I am really blessed!

16. my wife goes to the pomona swapmeet everytime i go she loves all the different things u can find there.She has gone with to a few salvage yards but with 2 kids now not so much

17. gashog

gashog

Yeah, gave her her diamond in Donovan's Salvage Yard in Georgetown, DE. I pulled some cool stuf out of that bone yard back in the 70's and a big part of my teenage memories were tied to the place. I couldn't think of a better place to propose to the girl I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

18. kayjohn

kayjohn

Some of these post are just toooooo funny.

Mine told me she wouldn't be cought dead in one. lol but she would be the first one at a yard sale... Our deal is. she keeps the house clean, cooks and laundry up and I keep her car clean, running and looking good.

I did get her to go to a car show that fell on our anniv. for about 6 years with kids in tow. now that the kids are grown and gone she likes to stay home and watch SI FY while me and the guys go. Drag Racing though. If I'm helping a friend she stays home but when I was running or when we go to a national she's the first one in the truck.

19. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I took my wife a couple times, she likes looking at old stuff. The first yard i took her to was a gold mine, old school private yard. The second time i took her to the local U-pull-it she told me she needed a new license plate lite for her car. We went in, i pulled the light(it fought me the whole way) Then i handed it to her and she says "thats now what i want! I only want the light bulb." Seriously? Then she ensisted that we could not just pocket the bulb, because that would be stealing. So she walks up to the counter with the bulb, the guy pretty much laughs at her, looks up what they charge for a bulb, and she was out the door for a buck fitty plus tax. FOR A PEANUT BULB I HAD IN THE SMALL DRAWER OF MY TOOLBOX!!!

20. ...I used to take my wife everywhere, but she always kept finding her way back home.

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Funny you should ask! Mine loves it! 'Course, I know her to be a bit off... Tuesday we took a ride about forty miles north of town to a little known yard to hunt up some parts for her '62 Falcon wagon. I just intended to see what was left for big stuff like quarter patches and a rear axle. We got there and found a complete Comet gauge cluster, dash knob set with control cables, a couple of small mechanical parts that I pulled. Leaving the yard, she yelled to stop the car! She saw an admittedly cool roof rack on an early sixties Rambler wagon... As I pulled the roof rack, she noticed the cool rear view mirrors on the Rambler four door next to us and said she wanted them too... Great I'll grab them next. I looked up five minutes later, and not only did she have the mirrors in hand, but damn near anything that could be taken off a '63 Rambler with a phillips screw driver! She has been taking everyone that comes to the house out back the last couple of days to show them "her" mirrors and tell the story! By the way, this is the most "girly" girl you could imagine, she is a manager for Chanel at our local Nordstrom's.... You just never know! Gotta' go back up on Tuesday next week and pull a rear end and cut a quarter panel, not sure how she'll do with that.

22. MyDeSoto

MyDeSoto

Guess I should confess... Mine not only has gone with me, but went with me on our Honeymoon! Johns Salvage in Seguin, Texas to be exact. Man I love that woman!

~MyDeSoto~

23. Greezeball

Greezeball

Ha ha ha! Mine too!

24. My wife used to go with me all the time to our little hidden country junkyard that was about an hour and a half away just to get out of the house and to spend some time with me in a nice quiet field out in the country. She'd sit in the truck & read or do cross stitch while i was pulling parts, and she'd make sure that I had something to drink and all that sweet stuff. Now that she's a little busier with housework and other interests, she doesn't go as much.

I DO remember once about ten years go when the wipers crapped out on our POS truck when we hit a summer thunderstorm on the way back home from that yard, I disconnected the link and tied a long wire on her wiper arm and one on mine and threaded the ends into the vent windows... Every mile or so I'd pull on the wire to make the wipers go UP and she'd pull her wire to make them go back down. We laughed all the way home!

She will still walk car shows and swap meets with me though! But to be honest, I offer to walk with her at the occasional arts & crafts show, and the home and gardens show at the convention center... It's only fair!

25. big M

big M

In the '80's when I met my future wife, I gave her a '59 Olds 2-door sedan that I was given by a customer. We would go on junkyard trips in western Nevada in the Reno/Carson City area, to locate needed parts for it, and the '57 Merc convertible I was restoring. They were all fun trips!

20 years go by, and I have my own wrecking yard for classic cars, and I asked her to marry me. I thought the idea of living in an old farm house smack dab in the middle of the yard would be negative, but she said yes, and it has worked well since. Of course, if a car comes in that she likes, she gets first dibs on it!

---John

26. cederholm

cederholm

HA! Yea right! ...at best she'll drive there with me and sit in the car as I poke around. ...but on the upside, she doesn't make me go shopping with her so I have no complaints.

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

So a sub question to this would be;"does your wife or girlfriend point out wrecking yards to you on trips down lonely backroads?"

28. das858

das858

My wife said she would go with me to a junkyard just last weekend, she hasn't been to one in over 25 years, maybe she can get a discount too.

29. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I've never taken her, but she found her way there on her own once! I needed a special part for a car many years ago, and came home complaining about their $400 price tag. At Christmas it was under the tree, and when I was both happy and irritated she'd paid that much, she said she got them to sell it toher for $225.
    Now I ask her to go get all my parts, but she refuses to do my dirty work any more!

30. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

My wife comes to junkyards fairly often she also goes to most swap meets with me too. She even helps spot items and carry them!!!!