Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects HAVE to Finish the LYNDWOOD by October 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Yo Bob...You do realize, you've missed about 4 Reunions and 3 of Our Dover Nostalgia Drags....Moon Tank- Shmoon tank...The Car has been outa sight and would be perfect on display next to Bobby's restored "Hellzapoppin" at our 4th (Yes 4th) annual Dover Drag Strip Nostalgia Drags, Aug 11-12 at Lebanon Valley. Show is on sunday....We'll reserve a spot. see the site forum for all the details www.doverdragstrip.com. We'll find a way to get you there if you need a truck or trailer! . You will be in good company...Don Gallant is Bringing the Gold Rush Roadster...your car and his on the Opening day Program cover ! .

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hi Dino, hope all is well with you, a redo of the Opening Day at Dover cover would be great to do, I'll do my best to get there. We just got home from the Sycamore cruise, fun, but nothing like the good old days when you were running things. This '36 Ford was there, haven't seen it out in years, the Caddy/LaSalle trans that came out of it is in Alley Oop now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  3. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Hey "KID" ..ya read my mind...Copies of original Program Soon available In our Store at Site And Will be at 4th annual Drags ...But We Do have This little Gem available ...authorized by "BIG" himself and actually at his Museum Gift Shop. Am in contact with current Sycamore owners and you might see a New Dino Designed T-shirt there in the near Future...Deja Vu ! Get the car to the Show/Race even if unfinished. We have support to get it there.

Attached Files:

4. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Heres Don's "Gold Rush" as It looks today

Attached Files:

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Another side by side I'd like to do some day. Swamp Rat III and Alley Oop at Dover, the day the club replaced the mains with used ones and turned Low ET of the day. I don't think the Swap Rat III exibition run counted.:)

Attached Files:

6. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Lot of 'connect the dots" eh? Don Sent Swingle That Day...He was someplace else in the 'duplicate' car
    Our Research Verified All: "Bigs-Swamp Rats" visits...HE Didn't even know til we proved it to him:
    1962-(April) Swamp Rat III-C..Connie Swingle ,driver...TIME run -?
    1963-Swamp Rat 5-B..Don Drove...8:12 @ 192
    1964 (May 3) Wynns Jammer ...Don Drove...8;11@ 196
    1965 (May 23) WynnsJammer (with Zoomies)...Don Drove...8:03 @ 196
    ........How'd we get on all this ?
    Alley Opp remember.....Need to get some more of your Photos.

Attached Files:

• r007.jpg
      r007.jpg
      File size:
      145.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  7. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

OK one more ...then 'back to topic' check out Hosford the starter ...Classic

Attached Files:

8. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Here's Your Car against Ron Abbotts first Blown 'Hellzapoppin"...lets parade them together at our 4th Nostalgia Drags? Restored Abbott car is the first injected version & will be there.

Attached Files:

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks Dino! Here is another shot of Swamp Rat III at Dover undated but I know it is June 24, 1962 or later. Two photos I have of Alley Oop the one in my avitar June 17, 1962 last run with Firestone slicks and NO plastic windscreen. Photo dated June 24, 1962 (week later) the car had M&H slicks and the windscreen. The car had 11 Low ET's that year with Bones driving it. ...Note: The photo is a lot better than the photo I took of it.

Attached Files:

10. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Ok ...fun with photos...I see your Garlits shot and raise you....Same angle-differant photographer...Swingle is under the car jacked up on oil cans.

Attached Files:

11. Hemiman51

Hemiman51

Bob thanks for the picture. I might be the guy in the middle, but i dont remember not having the motor cycle tires on the car. But then my memory is not that great sometomes. I also don't think we brought the car up to Montogemry 2 times the problem wioth the chrysler was a clutch problem. Like I said that was along time ago.

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks Gus! That photo has a note on the back "2nd time out", i'm just guessing that Montgomery was also the first place they ran the car. There is another photo with the HEMI, Wide Whites on all four corners and paint on the body, looks like Montgomery in the background also. I'll post that photo later tonight. Bob:)

13. scarylarry

scarylarry

No more photo...build that car!!

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Spent some time looking for the MOON Tank without any luck. Have to get the ALGON casting to the glass beading shop. Having a finished car at Hershey 2012 is a real long shot, there is always 2013. Bob

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  15. noboD

noboD

2013 ain't never gunna get here, it HAS to be this year.

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Only as a non running no Judge display only, no money to finish display. Bob:(

17. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Non running is way better than not showing it!

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

If I remove the oil pan on that dummy motor, and replace it with an inflatable castor wheel, it will make a super stroller for my Grandson. :rolleyes:

19. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Now you are thinking! God way to get him interested!

20. scarylarry

scarylarry

We wont judge you!

21. noboD

noboD

Yes we will!!

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Had the day off and spent a fair amount of time moving stuff around and looking for the MOON tank, no luck. Called AACA for the Hershey paper work. Rolled the Lyndwood out of the way and installed some celing insulation over it, that freed up the room it occupied. Lowered bar goal now is find the old MOON tank so the old fittings can be installed on a new one and buy two new Firestone slicks from Coker,in time for Hershey.

23. Hope to see you @ the Lyndwood Welding Open House 09/22/12.

24. noboD

noboD

Bob, if I had to find the Moon tank I couldn't actually look for it. I'd have to search for say a tin snip or garden hose, THEN I'd find the Moon tank. Or give up and decide it is no longer in the building and buy another one. THEN I'd find the first one. Getting old's a bitch.

25. Go Bob go! You can do it.
    Maybe press gang some local Hambers into helping? :D

26. The37Kid

The37Kid

I did find a new in the box, Ford rear drum puller I forgot I owned, and there is a fairly large pile of stuff to list on "That Auction Site". Not Firestone slick type money, but money none the less. :) Bob

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

MOON Tank is clutched in my left arm as I type this! One year and 4 months of on and off searching and it was sitting on a stack of stuff behind some stacked boxes in the unfinished basement playroom. Not an area I'd store something, who knows why I placed it there. Tomorrow I'll make the spring loaded retainers for it.

28. noboD

noboD

Oh BABY, should I sweep a hole in the yard shed yet?

29. The37Kid

The37Kid

I may have a cube van for Hershey this year. Placed the tank on the brackets and checked to see that it is still there at lest 6 times this evening. :rolleyes: