Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Have camera, will travel...2011 in celluloid...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fur biscuit, Feb 10, 2011.

1. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

He has indeed, by being cool enough I mean not being spoiled by the equipment today, I'm a perfect example of any talking monkey can take passable shots with whats available today. It takes a photographer to make the ones shown in this thread. For the car show coverage that I'm trying to do, I would never get the cars shot if I was using film. I need the speed and convenience of digital. Just like carrying 10k songs in my iPod, yes I have them all and can enjoy them, but they just don't sound as good as vinyl. Digital photos just don't have "it" like good film shots.

2. ArchangelKustom

ArchangelKustom
    from NR/OH

Subscribed, looking forward to more.

3. Jimm56

Jimm56

B&W film and printing isn't hard, Ektachrome is a PITA, but doable. Color negative film isn't cost effective to DIY. Let a pro do it for you and give you proofs, then choose the ones you really want. Same for Ektachrome prints.
    Darkroom work is fun and rewarding. The first time you see a print appear in the developer is magic! You just want to do it again and again. Getting 12 good exposures out of 12 chances really feels great. Sometimes I feel good to get one or two on a roll.
    Check your local jr. college for a quick, basic course. Go for it.

4. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

thats what photoshops for..............:rolleyes::rolleyes:............ ;)

Nice shots, indoors is always difficult ..........any B/W stuff............??

do i have sunset pics from the same location as your sunrise..........?

5. As I would be doing if I was in my 250,...a short black to make sure those eyes are open wide for the drive ahead

Despite the pedigree of the D type, I would still take the 250

6. Bullington

Bullington
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

This made my day thank you for sharing this.

7. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

Really nice shots! So much more warmth to old film cameras!

8. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can develope my own, but i have a shop that will process 120 for about 5 bucks a roll. I have a negative scanner, which saves on printing time and money. I really enjoy printing, but just need to make more time to get in the darkroom.

I took a weekend class on developing and printmaking, little pricey, but fit my schedule. Most local JC's have some sort of photolab and classes.

9. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On color i have shot Kodak 400vc and Kodak Ektar 100. The VC had lots of very punchy colors, and Ektar has a certain softness to it. But Kodak killed the VC this year and replaced it with Kodak 160VC, this show was my first time shooting it, and it is going to take a bit of getting used to, especially working inside free hand.

For black and white, i shoot Delta Ilford 100 or 400 depending on my mood.

10. lowtruck

lowtruck
    from Omaha

Amen. You took the words right out of my mouth Travis (but I've seen your photos; you're much better than a talking monkey). :)

As for your photos, Mr. 'Biscuit; very nicely done. You have an eye for sure. Thank you for sharing.

11. Basically I am referring to the actions of loading the film and the processes to the loading a record... cleaning it and lowering the needle gently on a less than perfect surface that has a "Pop" or a "Crackle" every now and then!

I realise the quality is all over the spectrum in film and cameras like my old vinyl records and turn tables... but there is something to it that is very comforting to real film and the old cameras.

This thread made me pull out my old cameras... and I think I'll get the film out of the fridge and see how it turns out!

12. Thanks for the shots Doug. Always enjoy seeing your stuff. Great eye and perspective as usual. Roll film and 12 frames make a true photographer consider all elements when shooting. You got it solid.

13. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Went vintage racing the other day...from behind the camera...no action stuff, just a few pit bits. Color for now, black and white to follow.

Taken at the CSRG reunion at Sears Point.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  14. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

60's sports racers...Elva?

[​IMG]

16. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

who doesn't day dream about a bit of single seat time? Brabham:

[​IMG]

17. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Going to porsche my luck here...Factory Hotrod, lets see if anyone knows what makes it so special

[​IMG]

18. Vintage Roadside

Vintage Roadside

A real 911R?

Wonderful shot.

19. Bodger45

Bodger45

Nice work you have a great "eye hole"!

20. mlagusis

mlagusis

[QUOTE
    and for the rest of you freezing your asses off all over the USA, a winters sunrise over SF

[​IMG]
    ][/QUOTE]
    I worked on the Bay Bridge for a year before moving to Idaho...now Washington. Miss the Bay Area. And all of te cool buildings and bridges.
    Nice pictures!

21. Ramblux

Ramblux

Beautiful work.

22. Just stumbled upon your thread, and I can't hardly wait to see your upcoming posts. Your photos from the GNRS, and vintage racing in Sonoma are absolutely amazing, each shot has a depth and soul you just don't find in a digital photograph. Thanks for taking the time to share.

23. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

More from that thingy in Sonoma: (all shot on Delta Ilford 100)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  24. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

25. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

26. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

27. fur biscuit